The Yule Ball 2

Mioha felt the moonlight calm her as it shone warmly onto her face

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Mioha felt the moonlight calm her as it shone warmly onto her face.

It was almost a full moon, but not yet.

However, her body already felt the pull of the moon, and her magic responded to it.
Out of the corner of her eyes, Mioha saw how her dress seemed to sparkle in the moonlight, and smiled. Anyone else would think of it as tiny gems reflecting the light, but she knew it was her magic.

Her anger at Ron's idiotic behavior seemed to dissipate, like smoke into the cold air.

Now, she only felt sad.

The redhead had the habit to speak first and think after, and if he wouldn't get rid of that, he would continue to hurt others.

Mioha sighed.

You always make it harder than necessary, Ron, she thought and slowly stepped out of the pavilion.

She felt the hairs on her arms raise up as she got goosebumps from the cold night, and quickly walked through the little labyrinth.
The snow crunched beneath her high heels, but luckily, she didn't slip.

From up ahead, she heard people shrieking and some sort of rustling.

"Ten points from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff!", Professor Snape's voice cut through the night.

Mioha had to smile sympathetically for the two students.

Being caught by a teacher while...yeah, that was probably mortifying.

She heard Professor Snape talk to someone as she continued along the path, and suddenly a bright light shone into her face.

Blinking strongly, Mioha lifted her hand to protect her eyes.

"What are you doing?", she heard Professor Snape snap at her.

"Going inside", said Mioha, still not able to see.

Professor Snape took his wand out of her face, yet continued to cast a light that weakly illuminated him and another person behind him.

"Then carry on", said the Potions Master petulantly and brushed past her.

"Jessamine Lince", the voice of the third person suddenly said.

"Professor Karkaroff", Mioha greeted the other headmaster politely.

She heard Professor Snape stop and turn around as the white-haired man leaned forward to get a closer look at her.

"You seem so...normal, yet you managed to surprise us at the first task", he said slowly, his cold eyes wandering over her face.

"And now, you seem to have bewitched one of my students."

Mioha wasn't sure what to reply. She was sure she hadn't 'bewitched' Viktor, they were just friends. Or actually, barely friends, more like acquaintances.