The Department of Mysteries

Where were the others?
Mioha looked around anxiously.

The Death Eaters hadn't noticed her yet. She was still invisible.

Many more Death Eaters emerged through other doorways and began leaping from bench to bench towards Harry. The Gryffindor got to his feet though his legs were trembling so badly they barely supported him: the ball was in his left hand, his wand clutched tightly in his right. He backed away, looking around.

Mioha lifted her hands, ready to strike. She slowly made her away around the room, moving completely silently as she descended the stone steps.

The Death Eaters all halted, gazing at Harry. Some were panting as hard as he was. One was bleeding badly; Mioha recognized Dolohov, who had taken off his mask and was now sneering at Harry.

"Potter, your race is run", drawled the voice of Lucius Malfoy. A Death Eater pulled off his mask, revealing long, blond hair. "Now hand me the prophecy like a good boy."

"Let-let the others go, and I'll give it to you!", said Harry desperately.

A few of the Death Eaters laughed.

"You are not in a position to bargain, Potter", said Lucius Malfoy, his pale face flushed with pleasure. "You see, there are ten of us and only one of you ... or hasn't Dumbledore ever taught you how to count?"

"He's bot alone!", shouted a voice from above them. "He's still gob be!"

Mioha's heart stopped.
Neville was scrambling down the stone benches towards Harry, blood smeared all over his face.

"Neville-no-go back to Ron-", said Harry urgently.

"STUBEFY!", Neville shouted, pointing his wand at each Death Eater in turn. "STUBEFY! STUBE-"

One of the largest Death Eaters seized Neville from behind, pinioning his arms to his sides. He struggled and kicked; several of the Death Eaters laughed.

"It's Longbottom, isn't it?", sneered Lucius Malfoy. "Well, your grandmother is used to losing family members to our cause ...your death will not come as a great shock, despite her getting your parents back."

Mioha growled angrily.
In less than a second, she flew down and landed in front of Harry, her long wings spread out protectively. She attacked the Death Eater holding Neville with a stunner, who tumbled backwards and released the struggling Gryffindor.

"What?", shouted Mr. Malfoy confused, his pale eyes darting around as he tried to see what had caused this.

Mioha reappeared with a flash.

"No!", Harry gasped behind her. "Mia!"

Neville stumbled past her, pointing his wand at her as if he weren't sure wether she was friend or foe.

"It's alright Neville", Mioha assured him, her eyes fixed on Mr. Malfoy. "You can trust me."

Her eyes were a blazing silver, but her head was clear. Her hands were outstretched in front of her, silver balls of light forming in their palms.

Mr. Malfoy suddenly started laughing.
"Well, well", he said amused. "The Dark Lord is never wrong."

Mioha kept her face impassive, but inwardly she asked herself: What?