Brobdingnagian

This elf owl is Brobdingnagian. You will meet her in this chapter.

Draco walked through the dimly lit corridor of the Malfoy Mansion, his black robe swishing softly

His grey eyes were fixed on the double doors at the end of the corridor. The two large, heavy doors were made of polished agarwood that were covered with carvings, depicting gruesome pictures of anacondas slithering across the surface.

Once he got near the double doors, they silently opened to the inside on their own and granted him entrance to the room behind.

The wizard strode into the room, glancing impassively at the large, rectangular table in the center. The curtains at the large four-paned windows that covered the entire wall were pulled back, letting the red glow of the dying sun fill the room.
Lucius Malfoy stood at the windows, his hands folded behind his back and his eyes fixed on the garden outside. He cast a long, dark shadow behind him onto the ground.

Draco stopped at the end of the table, his footsteps muffled by the thick, green silk carpet that covered the entire floor of the room.

It was silent while Lucius continued to stare outside at the neatly trimmed bushes, and the elegant peacocks strutting in between them.

"Draco", he finally said icily. "Tell me about your plan."

Draco took a deep breath and lifted his chin to stare at the robed back of the older wizard.
"Dumbledore is too smart to fall for objects that are cursed or poisoned", said Draco emotionlessly. "He has an injury on his right hand that seems to be bothering him, but it hasn't spread. I suspect it is making him more alert to any black magic objects, now that he is in a frail state."
He was definitely not going to tell Lucius that Professor Snape was busy brewing antidotes to contain the curse.

"Your plan, Draco. What is it?"

Lucius turned around, cold eyes burning into his own like shards of steel.

"Our Lord expects you to succeed. You will not destroy the honor of the Malfoy family after receiving such a task. It is meant to give you the opportunity to prove you have earned a right at His side."

"Yes, sir", said Draco, folding his hands behind his back and clenching them tightly.

"Pansy Parkinson is obviously determined to get the job done", Lucius drawled, "yet she is impetuous. Imprudent. She lacks the collected mind of a leader, which is why she will never be a part of the Inner Circle. Do not let her interfere again."
He bared his teeth at Draco.
"Finish planning out the details. I do not care what you will do to get it done, but kill Dumbledore before the end of the year. Let Parkinson do the dirty part of the job, that is why she is your assistant."