Punishment

"What right does that

"What right does that...that woman have to keep our students restricted to their tables?", Minerva ranted in Albus' office. "We are supposed to encourage house unity!"

Albus had watched Minerva walk in a circle for the past ten minutes, cursing and insulting Dolores' performance at lunch. Usually he would have found it amusing to see the Deputy Headmistress lose it in front of him, but today he was concerned as well. Dolores had acquired power from the Ministry to overrule his decisions regarding the teachers and the students. He had not wanted to cause a scene at lunch, which was why he had remained silent when she instructed all houses remain separate at meal times. But it could not go on the entire year that Dolores would stop his students from learning proper magic to defend themselves against Lord Voldemort.

"And she will not relent to anything I say!", Minerva continued furiously. "I believe ye, Albus, that Ye-Know-Who has returned, but she doesn't! How can one be so- blind!"

Albus set his chin down on his folded hands and looked at her thoughtfully.
"It cannot go on this way, Minerva", he said firmly. "Someone has to teach the students, in a proper way."

Minerva huffed and stopped in front of him. "Miss Mioha has already asked me what will happen in regard t' that."

"And what did you say?", asked Albus.

"I sort o' hinted that th' solution was obvious. A student has to become th' teacher, in my opinion."

Albus' lips quirked up.
"What a marvelous idea, Minerva. Luckily, Mioha can pretend to use a wand due to the fake one we gave her before the start of term. But of course, she can't show the true extent of her powers yet, so I suppose one of her friends can assume the role of teaching."

Minerva resumed her pacing.
"'N' how exactly would yeh make that clear to them? We cannot simply tell them to disobey Dolores'."

"Then we'll have to hope Mioha figures it out", said Albus calmly. "But to give them a little nudge, I want you and Severus to continue to train Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred and George. Hopefully, they will then realize they have to pass on their knowledge to their classmates."

Fawkes screeched loudly and landed on Albus' shoulder.
The old wizard placed a hand gently on the ruby-red bird's back.
"Who's coming, Fawkes?"

That question was answered a moment later, when the door was flung open and a man dressed in black burst into the room.
Minerva gave a shriek of surprise and jumped to the side to avoid being flattened by the door.

"Severus!", she exclaimed, putting a hand to her chest. "Are ye trying to give me a heart attack?"

Severus glared at her and stepped up to Albus' desk. "Albus, I have an important matter to discuss with you."

Albus' face grew serious, and he nodded. Fawkes hopped off his shoulder and flew back onto his perch, ruffling his feathers to get them back into order.
"What is it, Severus?"