The Quidditch match and the Mirror of Erised

Students were cheering loudly and waving around little flags, either in silver and green or red and gold. Everyone was dressed in their warm winter cloaks and the first-years almost drowned in their large school scarves.

Harry and the other Gryffindors were up in the air against the Slytherins and Jessamine had to admit, her team was playing foully. Several times already, Madam Hooch had to blow her whistle and warn Marcus Flint, the captain, but he and his tram continued to cheat whenever possible.

Jessamine was kind of torn between supporting her own team and hoping that the Gryffindors would win.

Waving her flag, she cheered loudly as Slytherin scored. A moment later, Gryffindor scored as well, to which Jessamine responded with an enthusiastic wave of her flag.

The other Slytherins eyed her like she had lost her mind.

Jessamine didn't really care, she was cheering for her house and her friends at the same time.
I wonder why there are barely friendships between the houses, she thought as she stared up into the air, her eyes following the quaffle. Is there a fixed rule stating that they aren't allowed?

Suddenly, Harry's broom started bucking and trying to throw him off.

"What the-", Jessamine got out her binoculars and saw Hermione do the same thing. From the Gryffindor stands, Hermione waved at her and pointed to the teachers.

Jessamine followed Hermione's instructions and looked at the professors through her binoculars. Watching them closely, her heart stopped when she saw Professor Snape staring at Harry's broom, mumbling something.

It can't be.

Jessamine lowered her hands in shock. Harry had been right. The girl shook her head, not believing what she had seen, and checked again. This time, her eyes fell onto a figure behind Professor Snape.

And now she was really confused.

Professor Quirrell's usually friendly face was contorted with hatred as he stared up to Harry as well. He was mouthing some sort of spell too, and Jessamine's thoughts raced.

Professor Snape was not cursing Harry, it was Professor Quirrel! It had been him all along, not Professor Snape!

Jessamine saw Hermione look at Harry with a worried face, and without thinking, Jessamine jumped up and ran off the Slytherin tower.
She snuck up to the teacher's stands until she was below the steps. The feet of Professor Quirrell were right in front of her.

Esma, who had followed her quietly, chirped questioningly and fluttered onto her shoulder.

"Shh", Jessamine mumbled, although no one could have heard Esma over the students' loud exclamations. She breathed in deeply and stretched out her hand.

If it wouldn't work with her wand, so she'd have to do it without it.

Doing what she usually did when she hid her wings, she pulled at her magic core inside her and extended it through her arm, heating it up as it reached her hand. When the magic burst out of the palm of her hand, it had turned into bright, white fire.

Professor Quirrell's robe burned instantaneously and smoke billowed up through the wooden steps.

That should do it, Jessamine thought satisfied and hurriedly backed away from the smoke.

It only took about a second until Professor Quirrell shot up with a screech.

Jessamine quickly made her way outside again, not wanting to get into trouble, and found Harry kneeling on the field, gagging.