Adjusting

Mioha had no idea how long they stood there

Mioha had no idea how long they stood there. At some point, her sobs quieted down and her shoulders stopped shaking.
Her eyes felt puffy and dried out, her throat raspy. She kept her fingers curled around Draco's shirt, feeling comfort in the fact that he was here.
Draco exhaled and his breath washed over her hair. Then he looked down.
"All right", he said quietly. "Come with me."

Mioha blinked.
"What?", she croaked.

"You're obviously bothered by something, so I'll take you to the Room of Requirement. We'll have some peace and quiet there."

Draco unwrapped his arms from Mioha and stepped back. He turned the palm of his hand upward and offered it to her.
"Come on."

Not having the energy to protest, Mioha took his hand and let him guide her through the dark corridors and up the steps to the magical room. She felt extremely tired, as if all that crying she had done today had drained her completely.
She barely registered how Draco opened the door for her and let her step inside, before closing the door behind them with a soft click.

Mioha's eyes widened.

The Room of Requirement looked like an exact replica of the Forbidden Forest. Despite it being in the middle of the night, golden streaks of sunlight broke through the enchanted ceiling and colored the trees in a deep green. Sunflowers sprouted around a large glade and rose tall into the air, their yellow petals shining brightly.

When she showed no intention of moving, Draco guided her by her elbow to the glade, then sat down and pulled her down with him.
"Now spill", he said, watching how she pulled her knees up to her chest. "It's not going to get better if you keep it to yourself. Believe me, I know."

Mioha closed her eyes. Her heart was pounding fast, as if she were a professional swimmer about to take a dangerous leap off a tall cliff.
"You'll hate me", she said quietly and opened her eyes again.

Draco raised an eyebrow.
"I should think that my actions earlier were pretty clear", he said, his lips curling into a sarcastic smile. "I don't hate you, Mioha."

She sighed.
She was tired. The entire day had been exhausting. All she wanted right now was to have someone to hold on to. She wanted to snuggle up to Draco while she was falling asleep, knowing that nothing bad was going to happen.
Mioha breathed in deeply and mentally reached out for her magic.

Draco watched her carefully, recognizing by the silver shimmer that flitted across her eyes that she was about to use her powers.

And a second later, the brown hair that spilled down Mioha's back changed its color. Starting at the roots, it turned a pure white. The white color ran all the way down to the ends like a water fall, until all the brown had drained away.

Draco's eyes widened.
"Your hair-"
He stared at it in wonder. Slowly, as if he did not trust his eyes, he reached out with his hand and gently took a curl that fell into Mioha's face between his fingers.
"It was the poison, wasn't it? Your Silverwing instincts kicked in."