Headlines

With a painful thud, Mioha landed on her side. The fork clattered to the ground and immediately lost its blue glow. Professor Flitwick landed on his feet and quickly picked it up, then turned to Mioha.

"I apologize for the stinging hex, Miss Mioha", he squeaked, bending down to help her up.

"It's fine", Mioha mumbled, but realized in the next moment he couldn't understand her.

Professor Flitwick pushed his hands into her side so she'd get up more easily, but it actually didn't help at all given his size. But it still conjured a smile onto Mioha's muzzle and she quickly changed back once she was on all four hooves.

"It's okay", she repeated, inconspicuously rubbing her butt, "Thank you, sir."

"That was a lot more startling than I had thought it would be", said the Charms Professor and walked next to Mioha through the silent Forbidden Forest. "I assume Albus will want to hear everything. Why don't you go on to your dorm, Miss Mioha. You have earned your sleep."

Mioha nodded gratefully.
"Thank you."

When they stepped out onto the snow-covered ground, Mioha immediately became invisible. She didn't need anyone to see her out at 9:30 p.m.
She whispered a "Goodnight", to Professor Flitwick and silently flew to the large double doors. Any good observer would have otherwise noticed Professor Flitwick walking alone, yet another pair of footprints appearing in the snow beside him.
She landed by the entrance and folded her wings on her back, then slowly pushed the door open. Mioha felt Hogwarts' mind connect with hers and it warned her about Professor Umbridge patrolling the corridors.
She smiled gratefully.
Keeping herself invisible until she reached her dorm, Mioha did not encounter anybody and immediately fell into bed.

The next morning when Mioha stepped into the Great Hall, her ears were filled with loud voices and chatters. In groups of three or four, students were bent over today's newspaper and pointed at it with baffled expressions.

"This is awesome!", Colin Creevey shouted, waving the newspaper.
"Harry, Harry, have you seen this?"

The golden trio as well as Ginny, Fred and George turned to Mioha when she passed them and shot her confused looks.
Hermione looked extremely grim.

Mioha would have to explain later.

She passed Draco, feeling his grey eyes boring into her back as she sat down at the Slytherin table.

"I can't believe it!", a Ravenclaw said. "The Silverwing's in France!"

Mioha found that an owl had already dropped of her newspaper. When she unrolled it, the headlines caught her eye.

THE MINISTER OF FRANCE ENCOUNTERS SILVERWING

Mioha glanced at the High Table. Professor Umbridge was bent over the Daily Prophet, her left hand hovering in the air while clutching her teacup. Her bulging eyes flitted across the paper, completely absorbed in the article.

Professor Dumbledore winked at Mioha and had an amused look on his face as he scratched his beard.

The Slytherin's heart still raced whenever she thought about last night, but looking at Professor Umbridge's gobsmacked face made it worth it.