Chapter Eighteen

2½ months later, somewhere near the end of November.

---

Taehyung didn't let Haneul stop seeing Jungkook. He took Hoseok's words to heart but when Haneul came back home after spending two days with his father Taehyung thought it would be wrong and selfish to stop letting him see Jungkook just because he didn't like the older male. He didn't want to be that kind of parent. But Taehyung did see a rather noticeable change in Haneul. It seemed that the longer he stayed with Jungkook the worse his behaviour got and because of that Haneul received more mouth popping, ass whoopings and timeouts than he ever has. And it always ended in him screaming that he wanted to go back over daddy's house and that just got under Taehyung's skin. It disturbed him a lot to think that Haneul was slowly favouring Jungkook over him. It had nothing to do with jealousy he was just worried that one-day Haneul isn't gonna want to stay with him anymore. Taehyung had taken it upon himself to confront Jungkook via text and call to ask how Haneul was behaving when with him and Jungkook said that he was doing great.

So Haneul was only acting out with him and he would use words against Taehyung like: "Daddy would've gotten it for me" or "mommy you're not as nice as daddy". Of course, Taehyung knew this could've just been Haneul taking their situation (him having to spend separate time with both parents) and manipulating it. But Jungkook told Taehyung that he never did this with him and if he told him no he would throw the usual tantrum but eventually forget about it.

He couldn't help but think that Jungkook was trying to take Haneul away from him as crazy as it sounds. Hell, Jungkook was having another baby so why did he want Haneul too?

Taehyung sighed and ran a brush through Haneul's hair while he played a game on Taehyung's phone. He was getting Haneul ready for a dinner his parents wanted him to attend at Golden Corral. It was supposedly with some very close friends of his parents but the only reason Taehyung was excited to go was because he gets to reunite with a childhood friend Terada Takuya who was Japanese but was born in Korea. They went their separate ways when they entered high school and Takuya had to move. Taehyung had already met Hoseok before then and had grown closer to Hoseok, sort of leaving Takuya in the shadows.

"Where are we going?" Haneul asked, flinching as Taehyung hit a knot in his hair.

"Out to eat with Mawmaw and Gramps and their friends," Taehyung answered. He parted Haneul's bangs like he always did, leaving more on one side than the other before making him stand up from the pillow he was sitting on. He dusted the dead hair off of his shirt and tucked the front part of the shirt in his black jeans which had holes at the knees, "turn around."

Haneul shuffled around and Taehyung fixed the back of his pants and dusted the back of his shirt off.

"Do I look good?" Haneul asked as he turned back around.

"Yes, indeed. Go get your shoes on while I go get ready." Taehyung answered. He took his phone out of Haneul's hand causing the five year old to whine. Taehyung ignored him and sent a quick text to his dad asking when they should be there.

Taehyung had already taken a shower and gotten Haneul ready so all he had to do was get himself ready. He opened his closet door and clicked his tongue as he searched through his clothes to find a good outfit. Not too casual, not too classy. Haneul appeared in his room asking for help to tie his shoes.

"Can I pick your clothes out?" Haneul asked as Taehyung tied his Timberlands.

"Um..." Taehyung puffed his cheeks out, "go ahead."

Haneul fisted pumped the air and jumped up. He searched through Taehyung's closet for a whole seven minutes before finally gasping and picking out something.