Chapter Seventy-Seven

Sometime near the end of November~

---

Ahreum didn't belong with them, Jimin knew this. He knew that the five year old belonged with Taehyung and Jungkook but, as she started to warm up to him and he started to warm up to her, a little part of him didn't want to give her back. His intentions were to keep her long enough for her to remember him because he knew for a fact that neither Jungkook nor Taehyung would ever let her near him and he didn't want to go to court. Most parents would say that they love their children enough to go to court for them but Jimin didn't want to put himself, Jungkook or Ahreum through all that.

He looked over at Jisung and Ahreum sitting on the ground and colouring together before looking back towards the object in his phone. He had managed to get his ex-boyfriend's address thanks to a friend of his who worked at the same school as Jungkook. He had it typed in on Google Maps and it indicated that he was two hours away from his destination.

Ahreum had Sir Edward sitting beside her with a crayon and a colouring book in front of him. She was busy talking to Jisung with big smiles on their faces. Jimin instantly felt bad, he knew that what he was about to do was going to mess Ahreum's mental state back up. He didn't let her go to a therapist like the CPS agent had advised simply because he had already planned everything out. He was glad Ahreum didn't call him 'mom' or some other synonym for the word because, to be honest, he truly wasn't her mother. He was just something like a surrogate and no he didn't try to make up for the time he lost because there was no way he could. He just wanted to be remembered.

"Why is your dog blue?" Ahreum asked, "dogs aren't blue."

"Your dog isn't blue," Jisung replied, "but mine is because he's special."

"How is he special?"

"How many times can you say that you've seen a blue dog?" Jisung asked, "go ahead, I'll wait."

Ahreum shrugged, "I haven't see many dogs but...who knows...there may be a blue dog somewhere."

"There's a dog with a blue tongue," Jimin said, to which Jisung's eyes widened, "really?!"

"Mhm, they're called Sharpays."

"Can you get me one?" Jisung asked to which Ahreun said, "me too?"

Jimin frowned, "uh...they're really, really expensive."

"Daddy gave me and Ahreum five dollars each!"

"Sharpays are way more than ten dollars, baby."

"....You and Daddy can...can...."

"Combine?" Ahreum asked.

"Yes! Combine money and we'll have enough."

Jimin smiled but shook his head, "sweetie we can anything except a sharpay."

Jisung huffed before mumbling, "I'll ask Daddy."

"He'll say no too."

"No he won't," Jisung argued, "c'mon Ahreum, let's go outside."

---
*3 hours later*

"What're you doing with my things?" Ahreum asked, walking in her room to see Jimin folding her clothes and neatly putting them into a duffle bag.

Jimin didn't answer her so she walked up to him and poked his side, "h-hey, what're you—"

Jimin knelt down and pulled the five year old into a tight hug. Tears fell out of their hold as Jimin pressed his forehead against the five year old's neck.