Chapter Thirty-Two

Jaesung sighed upon seeing that Haneul still wasn't there. He expected it now but it still made him sad and mad. He wanted someone to complain to about having to live with his mom, nobody else understood it besides Haneul since they're both having family issues. It's only been three days since Seungyeon showed up at Yoongi's door with a woman in a business suit and made Yoongi give Jaesung to. Sure Yoongi put up a fight but Jaesung still hated the outcome.

He looked back at his mom who was already walking away, her heels making a clicking sound against the floor as she rushed out of the building. Jaesung could remember her sniffing some white stuff in her nose this morning and her mood immediately changed from tired and irritated to hyper and happy. He clutched his backpack straps in his hands and made his way towards his usual morning spot, the beanbag chair hidden behind the tall bookshelf and between two walls.

He shoved his backpack in a cubby, something Yoongi would usually do and made his way to his spot. Jaesung closed his eyes but his morning rest was interrupted by the most annoying girl on the planet.

"My dads say that you're going to grow up and be a delinquent if you keep starting fights like that," Taeyu said as she leaned over the bookshelf, "you need to tell Haojun sorry."

"Your dads are stupid and I'm not wasting a sorry on someone that needs to apologize to me," Jaesung said, "now leave me alone, whatever you want to say doesn't need to be said and I couldn't care less about it."

"Jaesung this is why you're going to be alone for the rest of your life," Taeyu said as she stood up to walk away, "you need to be more like Haneul."

Jaesung didn't say anything as she walked away and instead put his hood over his head and pulled the strings to his hoodie so the hood covered his whole face.

He wanted to be like Haneul, he wanted to be like everyone. But it was hard to be nice to be but easier to just be mean, it kept people away from him as well. He'd rather not have friends than being around people who obviously didn't want him around.

Jaesung was half asleep when he heard a familiar voice. He peeked through the shelf and his face dropped when he saw his best friend being hugged by that annoying girl and talking to Chanhyun and Jessi.

Maybe Haneul didn't want to be his friend anymore, it was a matter of time before Haneul finally found better ones anyway.

Jaesung lied back down and tightened his strings as his eyes heated up. Suddenly all air left him as he felt an elbow collide with his stomach and a body fall right on top of his. Their heads almost banged together if Jaesung hadn't tried to get up.

"SUNGIE I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Haneul yelled as he pulled Jaesung into a bone-crushing hug. Jaesung, feeling claustrophobic and embarrassed from the attention he was getting, shoved Haneul off of him and loosened up his hood that was hugging his face.

At first, Jaesung was shocked and happy that Haneul was back but then remembered that he had abandoned him for two weeks and two days and he talked to Chanhyun, Jessi and Taeyu first instead of him. Though it was his fault for hiding from the world.

"Leave me alone," Jaesung said as he tightened his strings again, "go play with Taeyu and her friends."

Haneul was taken aback. He cocked his head confusedly and pulled Jaesung towards him by the strings of his hoodie, "why are you being mean, Jae? Didn't you miss me too?"

Jaesung moved Haneul's hands from his strings and shook his head, "I liked being alone for once."

"Are you sad?" Haneul asked. He pulled Jaesung's head towards him and loosened the hood around his face only for Jaesung to tighten it back up, "go away."