Chapter Twenty-Eight

"When do i get to go back to Mommy's house?" Haneul asked as he made his way downstairs after waking up from a nap.

"He wants me to keep you here a little while longer, is that okay with you?" Jungkook asked. He had received a text from Taehyung before he went to get Haneul from school. Taehyung simply stated that he needed Jungkook to keep Haneul for a few more days which spiked up Jungkook's confusion with a bit of worry. Normally Taehyung would be texting and asking him what Haneul was going or how he was doing every ten minutes but he hasn't received a text from the younger male all day besides that one.

He couldn't help but think that it wasn't just Taehyung's job getting in the way, Taehyung would have told him if it was that. Plus, if it were Taehyung's job then it wouldn't make sense for Jungkook to have to keep Haneul for a few more days. Not that Jungkook was complaining, he loved keeping his son it just worried him that something bad was happening and that was reason Taehyung was keeping Haneul away.

"I want to see Mommy," Haneul said whilst climbing onto the couch and snuggling into Jungkook's side, "i want to go home."

"I know, baby but mommy wants you to stay here right now."

The five year old pouted but nodded, "can i call him?"

Jungkook shrugged, "i don't see why not..."

____ ____ ____ ____

He looked down at the ringing phone and his eyes narrowed. The caller ID told him that it was Jungkook. That fucking bitch.

"Is that brat of yours with him?" Takuya asked Taehyung. The blonde ignored him, thinking about what he should say, "answer me."

Taehyung shook his head after a moment of contemplation. He watched his phone turn off before lighting up again with Jungkook's contact name. He could only pray to whatever spiritual being was listening for Takuya not to pick up the phone. It was most likely Haneul calling to talk to him and he didn't want to blow Haneul's cover.

"Answer it," Takuya handed the phone to the younger male who took it in his shaking hands. He hovered his thumb over the green icon before tapping on it, his heart instantly dropping as Haneul yelled, "MOMMY!"

"You fucking liar," Takuya snarled as he pulled Taehyung's hand away from his ear so Haneul nor Jungkook couldn't hear him, "tell Jungkook to bring Haneul home."

"No!" Taehyung said, "why do you want him here?!"

"Just do as i say."

The older male let go of Taehyung's wrist and Taehyung slowly brought the phone back to his ear.

"—And then Jaesung told the boy that he'd buy a jet and hit him with it!" Haneul giggled, "...Mommy are you still there?"

"Yeah, I'm still here," Taehyung answered, glancing at Takuya who had taken a seat in the chair across from him. Takuya had barged into Taehyung's apartment earlier that day using a key that could only assume he dropped when rushing out of the Takuya's house. The older male had forced the blonde into his car and even though Taehyung put up a fight he was obviously no match. That's how he found himself at Takuya's house.

"Hey, Hannie?"

"Yes, mommy?"

"Can i speak to Jungkook right quick?"