Chapter Fifty-Five

Everyone loves sleeping and dreaming of whatever crazy and unrealistic thing their subconscious can possibly create. But, to Jungkook, nothing is better than to wake up to the, what some people would consider annoying, tickle of a certain man's dark brown strands against his chin. He ducked his head down and inhaled the younger male's addicting scent of pineapples mixed with some over tangy fruit.

To say Taehyung was ethereal was an honest understatement but the only word in the dictionary that Jungkook's mind could think of at the moment. The way the sunlight flowed through the curtains of their bedroom and highlighted the younger male's dark brown locks and smooth, caramel skin which, if the day would allow, Jungkook could honestly kiss all day along with Taehyung's soft pink lips.

Taehyung slightly shifted and his breathing became less even as his eyes fluttered open. He looked up through his long eyelashes before yawning, "good morning, Kookie."

The older male hummed and kissed the top of Taehyung's head, "good morning, TaeTae."

"How long have you been up?"

"Not long," the raven-haired male answered, ducking his head down and planting a kiss on his lips. Morning breath unimportant.

Taehyung hummed and cupped the side of Jungkook's face. The kiss deepened as Jungkook pulled Taehyung closer by his waist. Suddenly they heard bare feet hit the ground in a somewhat fast pace.

Jungkook sighed and broke the kiss but Taehyung took his face back in his hands and said, "don't worry i locked the door."

To confirm his words, the doorknob twisted and locked up resulting into Haneul knocking on the door and saying, "Mommy, Daddy, are you awake?"

"Just ignore him and he'll go back to bed," Taehyung said.

Jungkook shrugged and just as Taehyung said, a minute later they heard Haneul groan and walk back to his room with the sound of his door closing shut.

"He wakes up too early," Jungkook grumbled before pressing his lips against the exposed junction between his neck and shoulder.

-

"Hannie baby, can you go help Ahreum down the stairs?" Taehyung asked once heard Ahreum yell from the top of stairs.

While Jungkook showered, Taehyung decided to start on breakfast and Haneul had offered to help him.

After finally having a somewhat intimate moment with Jungkook, Taehyung realized just how much the two of them needed alone time. He loved his kids, of course, but parents needed alone time here and there so they could do adult things without having to worry about their kid waking up and disrupting them. Locked doors can only do so much.

He knew he couldn't ask Hoseok to keep Haneul because Hoseok has been in Busan working on case and Yoongi has been busy with Jaesung and his business. Neither him nor Jungkook wanted to disturb Chaeyoung or Lisa since Chaeyoung was finally pregnant with their first baby.

Emily crossed his mind as he started to fry eggs. They've talked many times since they met each other and she's always offered to watch both Haneul and Ahreum for free.

Maybe he'd give her a call one day.

"Mommy, Ahreum wants to help cook too," Haneul said as he waddled into the kitchen with his sister in his arms.

The brunette chuckled and shook his head, "sorry Are, but you're too young to help cook."

"Oh my God," Haneul exclaimed, "Daddy has rubbed off on you! We're living in an ageist household!"

"I'm not ageist."

"Mommy, all adults are ageist."

Taehyung rolled his eyes and pointed to the living room, "go away."