Chapter Thirty-Six

Taehyung had his hands full today.

Jungkook was called the principal of the high school he'd be working at and was told that he needed to attend a last minute meeting where he'd go over lesson plans, get the papers of all the students he'll be teaching and finally get a classroom. He's been training to be a high school teacher but this was one of the bigger steps, he's been waiting for a classroom so he can start rearranging things and decorating the classroom to be less boring.

Because he didn't know that there would be a meeting today, Jungkook hadn't prepared a sitter for Ahreum and he still had Haneul. Lisa was taking over a shift for one of her coworkers so she couldn't watch them and Namjoon was taking the task of 'back-to-school' shopping because Seokjin was sick. So he had to ask Taehyung.

Taehyung was only mad because the older male didn't call him first.

So Taehyung thought that he'd just be watching his five year old and Ahreum but then got a call from his sister Tayeul. The younger female wanted Taehyung to babysit her three year old daughter Heoryn to which Taehyung immediately said yes. Her husband was out of the country and she didn't want to bother their mom. Plus, how could he say no to watching his niece?

Only an hour after Tayeul dropped Heoryn off, Hyungwon had called Taehyung in hopes that he'd babysit Kiwon while he and Hoseok go buy the boy birthday presents and party decorations. Haneul had whined about not being able to see Kiwon that much which made Taehyung say yes to babysitting him.

Now he had two loud boys playing spies, a toddler that wouldn't leave the baby alone and a baby that kept being di66sturbed by the toddler.

"Heoryn, baby girl please stop," Taehyung said, tired of telling the three year old to leave Ahreum alone, "she's trying to sleep."

"Baby~" she squealed as she pressed her nose to Ahreum's nose. She huffed and turned her head but Heoryn just giggled and tried to do it again.

"Heoryn," Taehyung snapped, "I said stop."

"TaeTae baby," Heoryn defended.

"Baby is sleeping," the newly brunette said as he pulled the toddler away, "you need to take a nap too."

"No TaeTae," Heoryn wiggled out of his grasp but Taehyung quickly scooped her back up causing her to whine, "Heoryn wants to pway!"

"No, Heoryn wants to sleep," Taehyung argued, resting his back against the armrest of the couch and lying his niece on his lap. His sister had told him that Heoryn normally takes a nap around 3:3o and it was already 3:40.

He closed his eyes as he hummed to get the fussy toddler to quiet down. He was slowly drifting off to sleep before he was jerked awake by Kiwon.

"Hyungie!" Kiwon exclaimed, "can you — oh...are you sleeping?"

"No," Taehyung answered, lying Heoryn down on the couch, "what were you wanting?"

"Can you make us some food?"

The brunette nodded and got up from the couch. Kiwon thanked him before running back to Haneul's room and joining him in the fort where they were watching We Bare Bears on Taehyung's iPad.

Taehyung yawned as he grabbed chicken nuggets out of the freezer and preheated the oven to 400°. Once the oven beeped he placed the nuggets on a pan and put them inside the oven before setting a timer and lying down on his couch beside Heoryn.

Much to his dismay, Ahreum decided now was a good time to wake up screaming and crying. Taehyung shot up from his position on the couch and rushed over the screaming four month old, "awe, baby did you have a bad dream?"