Chapter Sixty-Two

Taehyung felt as though he was in shock. He wasn't crying or panicking, instead he was just sitting there, staring off in space. Police walked in out as if their whole house was a crime scene which it sort of was, hell the pretty much had the neighbourhood blocked off. Jungkook was doing all the talking but he was running out of words, he didn't know what the hell he was doing. All he could say was Emily was the babysitter and their children are gone. He didn't know Emily's address or last name which was bad on both of their parts.

The main thing that set Taehyung off was when he overhead one of the policemen talking to woman, he had said, "I don't know if we can find them, there's been twenty missing cases in the past three months and we're no closer to finding them."

Was his son and his daughter really gone? Ha, guess life felt it was being too good to them. It gave them triplets, in return it had to take away something. It always works like that, life allows happiness but it charges and no matter what you'll have to pay the price.

"Tae."

"Taehyung."

Jungkook knelt in front of the younger male. He rubbed the side of his face, wiping away a stray tear before saying, "you need to go to bed."

"No, i—"

Jungkook shook his head, not wanting any arguments before standing up and helping the brunette up. He walked him upstairs where only a couple police were. Once they were in the comfort of their, Taehyung broke down in tears. Jungkook didn't cry, instead he held the older male and just rocked him from side to side.

The shock hadn't completely settled in yet for Jungkook, he was still angry and wanted to badly to just bash that bitch's face in for touching his kids. He heard the officers talking, how there had been more missing cases than ever in the past months but he didn't care about those. He only cared about his and had hope that they would find his kids whether they find them tomorrow or in three months.

His kids were going to be back home and in his arms no matter how long it took.

If the police couldn't do it, then he would.

Jungkook walked back downstairs, into the mess of it all. Officer after officer swarmed in and out of his house, looking for something, anything that Emily might've left behind that would help them locate her address. But most of the officers, almost all of them, knew that this was just going to turn into a cold case just like all those other missing cases.

It was just a matter of time before they start finding the bodies of these children that were taken by these evil people. It's not what they wanted but it's what they knew. The same thing happened in Jeju Island. Over fifty children between the ages four and ten, most were boys, were kidnapped and only eighteen were able to make it back to their families alive. The rest were either six feet underground or still unfound.

Jungkook pretty much blamed himself. If he had just listened to Taehyung then they could've stopped Emily. He was the reason that his kids were gone. He was the reason that his kids may not be found.

He walked outside on the back porch and leaned over the railing. He could see Ahreum's pacifier that she threw out of anger in dirt and Taehyung had forgotten to pick it up. Jungkook's grip on the railing became. He refused to think of what adults would want with an eight year old and a toddler and the only thought his mind would allow was that Emily took them to raise them herself. It wasn't the best thought, he hated it, but it was a somewhat soothing thought. But all these kidnappings had to be related, right?

There was no way in hell that adults were going to raise over twenty young children.

Jungkook and Taehyung were just the unlucky parents dragged into a kidnapping outbreak. They might be part of the unlucky few that will never get their children back, or they might be part of the small lucky number who does.

But if they did get Haneul and Ahreum back...would they still be Haneul and Ahreum? Would they get back their sassy eight year old who wants to put an end to not wearing shirts and ageism? Would they get back their picky two year old who has slight anger issues and wants to be a murderer?

Would they even get them back at all?

---

Word Count: 789

This is one of my shortest chapters but I'm pretty sure it was just as heartbreaking as a 1000+ chapter would be and I don't wanna put you guys through that. So i decided to let your hearts rest with a 700+, I'm so kind, i know 🤗

Also there will be a Haneul POV soon, maybe next chapter, maybe not.

Also Jaesung will pop back up don't worry. Actually you should worry....but not too much 🤗

Angst is one of my best types of writing so brace yourselves because shit is getting ready to get really descriptive.

So here's some fluff before we plummet into angst:

Second Chances /✔/ TaekookOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara