Chapter Thirty-Five

"Someone's at the door," said Minho to Seungyeon as he placed the empty beer bottle on ground, "go see who it is and grab us some more beer while you're at it."

Seungyeon nodded and gave the blunt that she was smoking to one of her fiance's friends and made her way upstairs. Minho always invited his close friends to their house every Friday and they played poker and drank in the basement. Sure it's illegal to gamble in your basement but that didn't really matter to the two of them. As long as they made more money.

Seungyeon made her way to the door and looked through the peephole. She rolled her eyes at the sight behind the door and opened just enough so the person could hear her, "what do you want, Yoongi?"

"I want Jaesung, Seungyeon i know you're high i can tell by your voice. Give me my son, he doesn't need to be in this type of environment."

"Go the fuck away from my house, i know what my son needs and its sure as hell not you."

Yoongi slammed his hands against the door, causing Seungyeon to almost lose her balance. Yoongi pushed the door open and jabbed his finger in his exes chest, "I'm a much better parent that you'll ever be Seungyeon, all you care about is revenge and fucking drugs. You don't give two fucks about our son."

Seungyeon shoved his hand away, "get out of my-"

"DADDY!" Jaesung yelled from the top of the stairs. Seungyeon whipped around and yelled, "GO BACK TO YOUR ROOM, JAESUNG!"

Jaesung's smile disappeared and he froze. He had his hand wrapped tightly around the railing on the stairs as he stared at Yoongi with pleading eyes. Yoongi scoffed at Seungyeon and walked past her, ignoring the glare he was receiving.

"Come here, baby," Yoongi said softly as he spread his arms out. Jaesung glanced at Seungyeon before slowly walking down the stairs and running and crashing into Yoongi's arms. Yoongi squeezed his son's small body and frowned. Why the hell was he losing weight?

"Jaesung have you been eating properly?" He asked, pulling his son away from him.

"Of course he's been eating properly, I'm not an unfit mother, Yoongi," Seungyeon snapped, her high slowly going away because of the man in front of her.

"Well you're sure as hell not a fit one," Yoongi snapped back. He turned back to Jaesung and repeated his question, "have you been eating properly?"

Jaesung nodded, he's become good at lying and hiding his feelings. Realizing that his mother nor step-father would pity him and let him go back home, Jaesung decided just bottle everything up. Plus, crying always got him yelled at by Minho and his mother, when she was high (which was most of the time) hated the mention of Yoongi. So bottling things up would be easier than letting it show. Though, he doesn't only do this with Seungyeon and Minho. He's hidden his feelings away from Yoongi all the time and the man never really suspected anything. Yoongi was the type of man who cared more about his child's academic progress more than his social progress. Sure, Yoongi loves his son with every fiber in his body and Jaesung is the whole world to him, he's just never really thought about Jaesung's issues (besides the fight a few months ago) and never thought that Jaesung even had social issues, he was a kindergartner. Kindergartners suppose to have social issues.

That's a where Seungyeon and Yoongi were similar. Neither of them really dwelled on the fact that Jaesung was showing early symptoms of being anti-social, having some type of anxiety disorder and/or eating disorder. They never dwelled on the fact that Jaesung showed his fear with anger and expressed it with fighting, though it was only once, it didn't mean he didn't think about punching more people.

Yoongi was a typical father figure. He showed enough love and care to where his child felt secure but he failed to give Jaesung that other security that only a mother or a mother figure could give. Seungyeon failed at that as well.

And because of his [almost] anti-social-like behavior, Jaesung found it hard and almost impossible for him to talk about the things he thinks. He thought being hated was better than liked and took criticism to heart. Taeyu and Chanhyun weren't the only people that fat-shamed him or told him to stop eating so much. Seungyeon had indirectly done it, her family have done it — Taeyu's comments were just a drop in the already full bucket. Though now the bucket is overflowing. It's not that Jaesung was overweight, the poor boy is only slightly above the average weight for a five year old his height. Well was over the average.

"Seungyeon," Yoongi started as he stood up, "i have full custody of Jaesung, I'm not going back to court just be to told what i already know. Give me back my son before i call the police for kidnapping."

"Daddy, i just want to go home..." Jaesung mumbled as he tugged at Yoongi's shirt.

Seungyeon pulled Jaesung towards her, ripping the poor boy's arm from around Yoongi's leg, "get out, Yoongi."

"Giv—"

"GET OUT!" She screamed and shoved her ex towards the door, "you'll get him back when i want to give him back."

With that being said, the brunette slammed the door in Yoongi's face. Jaesung ran towards the window and pressed his hands against the glass. He watched as Yoongi angrily walked down the steps from the porch and got in his car.

"Go to your room, Jaesung."

He didn't argue and just pushed himself away from the window. He ran as fast as his short legs could take him up the stairs and towards the room that he stayed in. Jaesung never considered the room 'his' room. It didn't have his legos and his Kumamon plushy. It was just a plain room with beige walls and a hardwood floor. No food-y bedspreads, beanbag chairs or toys.

Jaesung flopped on the bed and covered his head with a pillow to catch and soak up the tears that were getting ready to overflow out of his eyes.

All he wanted was to go home but his mother didn't seem to care. To her, this place was Jaesung's home but to Jaesung...it was like staying with strangers.

-

Word Count: 1085

:(