Chapter Twenty-Seven

Jungkook paused and gave Haneul an incredulous look, "you have a girlfriend?"

Haneul nodded, not bothered by the look the older male was giving him, "her name is Moon Taeyu and Jaesung hates her."

Jungkook opened and closed his mouth like a fish out of water. He was fairly certain that children Haneul's age didn't know the actual meaning of girlfriends and boyfriends, hell he didn't even gain interest in girls until around fourth grade and then it changed to guys in middle school. But Haneul seemed to be confident in the label he just gave the girl which made the shocked father even more shocked and confused.

"Haneul what do you know about girlfriends and boyfriends?"

Haneul shrugged, "i do know that boys have a...a...pinapple and girls have a...um...virginia."

Jungkook blinked a few times, not sure it he should correct the young boy or not. He decided not to and took a seat in front of the five year old. He wasn't sure if Taehyung gave Haneul The Talk yet nor was he sure if it was even legal (in the parenting book) to give children the age of five The Talk. Being a father was a whole new ballgame and Jungkook didn't want to be the parent to ruin his child's innocence.

"No wait," Haneul giggled, "isn't virginia what you call you person who hasn't had sex?"

Jungkook choked on his water and slammed his cup down on the table, "who—who told you that?!"

"This kid named Eleven, well his name is Oliver but he likes to be called Eleven because he said his dad goes by Ten."

"What exactly did Oliver say?"

"Well he stood up in class and said that all girls have a virg—something and all boys have a popsicle...or whatever i don't really remember and that people who haven't had sex are called virginias or something," Haneul frowned, "what's a sex?"

"Its what you're born with."

Haneul's eyes widened, "i was born with a sex?"

"IT MEANS GENDER!"

"WHAT'S A GENDER?!"

Jungkook was practically in tears by now, "no, Hanuel we are not getting into this."

"Oliver also said that the word sex has many different synonyms," the five year old looked up to think of the examples the boy in his class had given, "like....frackle frickle, conceive, fu—"

"NO!" Jungkook jumped out of his chair and slapped his hand over his son's mouth, "don't say that word!"

Haneul giggled and nodded. Jungkook slowly took his hand away from his son's mouth. He sighed, "so back to the girlfriend thing..."

"Taeyu?"

"Yes, T-Taeyu, how did this...whole thing happen?"

"Funny story," Haneul moved his legs so they were underneath him, he rested his arms on the countertop before looking back at Jungkook, "so Jaesung was sick and he didn't come to school so i had to play with Oliver and Chanhyun. Well Chanhyun had a friend name Jessi and Jessi's best friend is Mina and Mina's is Taeyu, so we were all in a big circle and we were playing house, we all had to be married and stuff. It was like...Chanhyun and Oliver, Jessi and Mina and they made me and Taeyu be married. So me and Taeyu were friends then but then one day we shared the purple crayon, which is very special crayon, and after that we sorta kinda became boyfriend-girlfriend, i mean....technalicicacally we're already illegally married because we shared the purple crayon but we didn't want to go to jail so..."

The raven-haired male was speechless. He didn't know what he expected for the five year old to say but he definitely didn't expect that. From his time colouring or doing any type of craft that involved colours with Haneul, Jungkook knew how much the boy loved purple. What he didn't know was that the colour purple, to Haneul at least, meant marriage.