Chapter Twenty-Two

"So you wanted to meet up?" Taehyung asked as he slid into the booth across from slightly older male.

Takuya flinched and looked up from his phone, he hadn't realized Taehyung had already walked, "damn you scared me."

Taehyung let out a breathy chuckle, "how long have you been waiting? Sorry, I'm late, Haneul put up a fuss when he had to stay at my parent's house."

Takuya smiled, "its okay, I've only been here for about five or so minutes anyway."

He sat up and placed his phone on the table, "i really just wanted to meet up just so we catch up, ya'know? We really couldn't do it at Golden Corral because our parents were practically yelling back and forth at the table."

"You're right," Taehyung laughed quietly and ran his fingers through his hair, "i don't even remember why we stopped talking."

"Because you forgot about me." Takuya laughed and Taehyung pretended to be hurt, "nah ah! After you moved you stopped texting!"

"That's not how i remember it."

"Then how do you remember it, huh?" Taehyung crossed his arms and cocked an eyebrow at the older male.

Takuya squinted, "well i mean after Hosocks—"

"Hoseok."

"Yeah him. After he got in the picture you sort of...i don't know...gradually got closer to him and like," the brunette looked up to think of a good word, "forgot about my existence and after i moved we texted here and there but then we just stopped texting each other completely."

Taehyung nodded, "i sent the last text though! It said bye and you never texted back afterwards."

"Because you never texted me!"

"I assumed you didn't want to text me anymore." a smile made its way on the younger male's face and he started laughing, "when did you come back?"

"A few months ago for business, i live here now though," he nodded with his words as he adjusted himself in his seat, "how is it being a vet?"

"It's fun actually," Taehyung said, "helping all the animals that come in is the best thing ever, but it is a little tiring just like any job should be though. I usually don't get home until four or five something."

Takuya tilted his head, "how long have you been working? Since you just got done with residency?"

"About a month now. How about you?"

"Well after i graduated, a year ago, my dad sort of...i don't know how to say it....semi-retired he gave the business over to me, i majored in business and management by the way."

"Semi-retired?"

"He isn't completely done yet, he still finds ways to pester me on this and that and boss around the employees."

Taehyung chuckled, "is it fun?"

"Not at all. You have people complaining to you 24/7 and a dad that won't get off your back," Takuya sighed, "anyway, how is it being a dad yourself or should i say mom."

"I classify myself as a dad and a mom," Taehyung chuckled, "it can be fun but it's also very annoying and tiring especially when he chooses not to listen and has his bad days."

"What about the other parent?"

"Not in the picture anymore, we broke up before i had Haneul."

Takuya frowned, "that must've been hard, dealing with school and a baby."