Chapter Forty-Two

"Mommy~" Haneul whined as he toddled into the kitchen, his hair was all askew and his eyes were barely open, "mommy it's too early."

"Well, baby, it's gonna be to early for 180 more days," Taehyung replied as he placed some pancakes on a Mario plate.

Haneul pouted and buried his face in Taehyung's leg. The boy had grown significantly over the summer and was now near Taehyung's waist. So maybe he would end up being tall or...maybe not.

Taehyung ruffled his son's hair and picked him up to sit him on a stool. He grunted as he did so before saying, "I'm going to have to stop picking you up, you're getting big!"

Haneul just sighed, "you don't have to do it, I'm a big boy i don't need to be picked up anymore."

He rested his head on the table only for it to be pulled back up by Taehyung, "you need to be excited! Today is your first day of first grade!"

"It's just kindergarten with no naps and more math!" Haneul exclaimed, "its pointless!"

"Welp you're going to kindergarten 2.0 no matter what so mise well be happy about it."

If Haneul didn't want to go to school now, then Taehyung could only imagine what it would be like when Haneul hits his middle school and high school years.

"Eat your food and then go and brush your teeth okay?" Taehyung said as he started making Haneul his lunch.

The boy nodded and started eating but quickly stopped, "mommy make sure you pack two of everything and 4 slimjims."

"...Why?"

"For Jaesungie!" Of course Haneul wouldn't forget about his best friend.

"Does Jaesung not bring his own food?"

"Yooni doesn't pack him enough food so i give him some of mine," Haneul explained as he took another bite of his pancake.

Taehyung nodded, deciding to not ask anymore questions and simply made another starshaped sandwich for Jaesung. By the time he was finished with the making of his son's lunch, Haneul had finished his breakfast and was now brushing his teeth.

Taehyung walked into Haneul's room and laid his clothes on his bed. Jungkook had picked out an outfit for him to wear but Taehyung didn't like it so he picked out another better outfit.

Tae's outfit

Tae's outfit