Chapter Thirty

Hoseok walked into Taehyung's apartment, already frowning because the door was unlocked. He had seen the younger male's car in its respectful parking spot but as he walked through Taehyung's house, he realized that he wasn't there.

"Taehyung...?" Hoseok asked as he peeked into his best friend's room only to see that the bed was partly unmade.

The shower wasn't on and the bathroom door was open so Taehyung wasn't in there.

Yoongi had called Hoseok yesterday and told the brunette what happened with Jaesung. Now Seungyeon was blaming it on Yoongi and trying to get Jaesung to leave with her. Even though Hoseok wanted to help the older male, he knew better than to interfere with him and his bipolar ex girlfriend (as Yoongi likes to call her).

So that's why he's at Taehyung's house.

Yoongi had told him how Haneul hadn't been to school for two weeks which confused the brunette. Why on earth would Taehyung keep Haneul out of school? And if he was keeping Haneul out then he wasn't going to work.

To make sure he was right, Hoseok had stopped by the veterinary hospital and asked if Taehyung was there. The receptionist had told him that Taehyung hadn't shown up in four days.

Four days?!

He pulled his phone out and dialed his other friend's number. He knew he might be overreacting but he couldn't help it. Taehyung had worked so hard to be a vet and now he wasn't showing up to work? His car was in the parking garage but he wasn't home? And Haneul hadn't been to school in two weeks?!

None of that made sense.

"Hello?" Hoseok's friend answered after the fifth ring.

"Hey, Mark, can you do something for me?"

Mark Tuan was another one of Hoseok's friends. He was a detective and they both went to law school together. He was also planning on calling his other friend, a police officer but for now, he'd just talk things over with Mark.

"Uh, sure what's up?" Mark asked, "i swear to God if you want me to investigate that house that has five dogs again I'm going to fucking punch you! No, they're not holding illegal dog fights, they just like dogs!"

"Fuck off it's not about that!" Hoseok rolled his eyes, "my friend and his son are like...missing, i don't know...but i just want you to do your investigate-y stuff and figure out where the fuck they are."

"Hoseok!" Mark groaned, "they can be on vacation or som—"

"No, Mark!" Hoseok snapped, "this is serious. His son is five and hasn't been to school in two weeks and he's 26 and hasn't been to work in four days, the receptionist told me that something was completely off with him when he did come to work though."

There was a pause before Mark sighed, "fine, you have any more information? What're their names? Have you filed a missing person report?"

"Kim Taehyung and his son's name is Kim Haneul, i know that Taehyung has been arguing with Haneul's other parent Jeon Jungkook but that's about it and no i haven't filed a report yet, i guess i need to..."

"Um, yeah, you should."

Hoseok was about to say something until he heard a knock on the door. He frowned and told Mark he'd call him back before walking towards the door. His eyes widened when he realized who it was that was standing outside of Taehyung's door.

"This shit has the audacity—" Hoseok swung open the front door, "what the fuck?"

The man in front of him frowned and stared at Hoseok as if he was stupid before his eyes widened with realization.