Chapter Sixty-Seven

Q: author-nim, why do you update so fast? Not complaining tho, please don't stop
A: I have no life and my teachers don't assign homework (unless its my art teacher), going outside to get fresh air is a lie because the air isn't fresh and humans make me want to die (except for you guys but you guys aren't human, you're psychotic chicken nuggets)

---

When a parent loses their child, going into their rooms and seeing all their things untouched from the day they went missing is hard and sentimental but a usual reaction. But Taehyung and Jungkook haven't stepped foot in Haneul or Ahreum's room. Mainly because every time Taehyung would see Haneul or Ahreum's name hanging on their doors, he felt waves of sadness wash over him. Even though he knew he had new responsibilities, he still found it harder to get up out of bed and be happy that the triplets were here. He loved the new babies but he felt as though he just replaced Haneul and Ahreum and that only made him more depressed.

After he gave birth to the triplets his doctor talked to him about the Postnatal Depression and how he had a bit of higher chance of getting it because of everything that was going on. He had already shown signs of Prenatal Depression due to the high-stress levels but the doctor was more worried about the former. Taehyung didn't think he'd get it if he didn't get Prenatal Depression then he wouldn't get it now. But after their triplets were born he was beginning to find it harder to just be a good parent to the three babies.

It was currently 3:20am and the couple and two of the triplets were fast asleep. But the oldest of the three, Jeon Hyunwoo, was wide awake and realized that he was hungry and wasn't receiving any attention. It started off with small snuffles and hiccups before it escalated into loud cries.

Taehyung jerked out of his sleep as the baby monitor picked up Hyunwoo's wailing. He sighed as sleep tried to take ahold of him again but another loud scream jerked him out of his daze. He sat up and threw his legs over the bed before was stopped by Jungkook.

"I got him," Jungkook said, sitting up and yawning. He knew that it was Hyunwoo because the two month old always woke up at some point at night (or early morning).

"No i can—"

Jungkook was already getting up before the younger male could finish his sentence. He walked out of their room and towards the triplets' nursery. They hadn't had the time nor energy to actually prepare a nursery they way they wanted. The middle twin, Hyunmi, was using Ahreum's old bassinet that Jungkook never got rid of and Hyunwoo was using Haneul's. Whereas Jungkook had to buy the youngest, Hyunjun, a new one.

Jungkook walked into the nursery and rushed over to his crying two month old. He scooped him up and tried to shush him, not wanting the other two to wake up. Hyunwoo was the couple's first baby to refuse to take a pacifier. The other two would shut right up of the plastic stopper were placed in their mouths but Hyunwoo would push it right back out with his tongue and would wail louder in anger.

Jungkook placed his son's head on his shoulder and rubbed his back as he bounced him in his arm.

"Awe baby boy, what's wrong? We have to be quiet so we do—"

Hyunmi began to cry causing the raven-haired male to sigh and walk over to her bassinet. He bounced Hyunwoo in one arm while feeling around in Hyunmi's bassinet for her pacifier. Once he found it, he quickly placed it in her mouth. She quietened down with a shaky sigh and Jungkook went back to trying to hush Hyunwoo up.

"He must be hungry," he heard Taehyung say as the younger appeared in the doorway.

"Probably," Jungkook replied, "you want to hold him while i make a bottle?"