Chapter Sixty-Four

1 month later~

Tae is 6 months

---

"Jungkook," Taehyung said, "its been five days...you need to sleep."

Neither parents have been getting proper rest, Taehyung has been getting at least three hours whereas Jungkook refused to sleep at all. He's been up for three days on edge, not being able to sleep because he was one of those stupidly hopeful parents that thought their kids would randomly pop back up on the porch when in reality that was only a 1% chance. But that wasn't the only reason he was staying up. He didn't want to sleep in fear that his subconscious would conjure up something that he didn't want to see or maybe his son or daughter wasn't even sleeping so why should he?

Taehyung needed it, Jungkook didn't.

Little did Jungkook know, Taehyung has been experiencing strong contractions since this morning. He just brushed them off as Braxton Hicks contractions but deep down inside he knew that wasn't the case. He just didn't want to add anymore stress to both himself and Jungkook with the thought of going into early labour. He knew he's exceeded the amount of stress he could take.

"I don't need to sleep," Jungkook said but his eyes said otherwise.

Taehyung stared at him before sighing, "you don't think i feel any less guilty than you do? I can't do anything, Jungkook but fucking sit here and just hope someone finds them but hope can only take you so far, Jungkook."

"Well none of this would have happened if i just listened to you and turned around," Jungkook said, "I'm gonna go."

"Where are you going?"

"I don't know," the raven-haired male mumbled as he grabbed his keys, "I shouldn't be gone long."

Taehyung wanted to stop him and to hug him and comfort him like a normal boyfriend would do but he also understood that people don't always find relief and comfort in the arms of others. Some people need have other ways to relieve themselves and he knew from the past that Jungkook loved driving. Taehyung knew Jungkook wasn't stupid, he wouldn't put himself in dangerous situations. Hopefully, he'd just driveway on back roads and stay away from highways, Taehyung knew he was tired and the lights on the highways could possibly make him wreck.

"Stay away from highways, Jungkook," Taehyung said, "be careful."

Jungkook looked at him before nodding, he stopped at the door and said, "i love you."

"I love you too."

-

As soon as Jungkook left their house, he hit the back roads but eventually made his way to the highway. The speed limit was 55mph but he was unknowingly closing in on 70mph. His grip on the wheel was so harsh that his knuckles were paling.

The guilt in his chest expanded and he tightened his grip on the wheel, pushing the accelerator closer to the floor. Why hadn't he just listened to Taehyung three days ago? God only knows where his son are daughter are now, if there even is a God. He floored the accelerator as his began to blur. He hasn't cried the whole three days, allowing all his emotions to compact against each other which sort of made him a ticking bomb or a volcano getting ready to erupt.

He couldn't cry. Crying wouldn't get him any closer to finding his kids. Everything he was doing didn't get him any closer.

Blue lights appeared in his rear-view mirror. Jungkook groaned, realizing he was going eighty on a highway at night. How stupid could he possibly be? He let off the accelerator and pulled onto the side of the road. He took his ID out of his wallet and waited for the officer to lecture him about how fast he was going.

"Do you rea - Jungkook what the fuck?" Jungkook looked up to see the officer he had talked to the day Haneul and Ahreum went missing.

"Hey, Jaehyun," Jungkook mumbled as he handed him his ID.

"Jungkook, you were going like twenty above the speed limit!" Jaehyun snapped, "there's a wreck just five minutes from here! You would've crashed right into it if i didn't stop you!"

"Thanks."

"Are you drunk or something?"

"Jaehyun, aren't you a cop?"

"Right," he pulled out his flashlight and shone it in his eyes, earning a surprised 'what the fuck?!' from the older male.

"Either you're high or you haven't gotten proper rest, I'll take the latter over the former because you're not acting high," he sighed, "listen, you need to go home, the FBI have taken over the kidnapping cases and tomorrow I'm going down to the woods near-"

"Why are you going to the woods?"

Jaehyun pursed his lips, "it's been a month for you and several months for others...you know why I'm going down to the woods."

"You think my kids are dead?"

"I can't say they are and I can't say they're," Jaehyun answered, "it's only been three days....they're mainly searching for the kids that have missing for more than two months."

"But you think my kids are dead. So what now?" Jungkook snapped, "are we supposed to just wait until you end up finding their bodies? None of you are doing anything to find out where these kids are going? You're just searching for their fucking bodies?!"

"You know we're trying to find something that will lead us to where these kids are being held but we have no leads, no suspects, we don't even have witnesses besides the parents or camera footage."

Jungkook didn't want to hear anymore, "are you going to give me a ticket or what?"

"I'll let you off this time bu-"

Jungkook didn't care about anything else Jaehyun had to say. He knew that almost all the officers thought that his and all the other parents' kids were dead.

His phone began to ring and he thought about ignoring it until he saw Taehyung's caller ID on the screen. He quickly picked it up, "hello?"

"I'm going to the hospital," he was taking deep breaths.

Jungkook stopped his car, "what? Why?!"

There was a pause and Taehyung could be heard gasping, "I think I'm in labour."

-

Word Count: 1031

Tae is supposed to have his trips next month.