#4 Girl Talk (Backstory)

CHAPTER 4

GIRL TALK

Lisa was bothered with what Chaeng said to her and it haunted her for days... She's very uncertain but she knows that something's up with her feelings and Jennie has something to do with it. 

After much pondering, she gave up and finally confided to her bestfriend, Chaeng. 

Lisa : Chipmunk.. can I have a moment with you?

Chaeng : Sure Lisayah! What's up?

Lisa : Wanna go to the garden? Chocolate? Milk?

Chaeng : Can't we talk about it here in the room?

Lisa : Uhm. It's kinda sensitive?

Chaeng : Oh... okayiii... I'll be right with you. 

Lisa prepared chocolate milk for her and apple juice for Chaeng and head straight to the garden.

Chaeng : So, what is it that you wanna talk about?

Lisa : Unnie... it's... uhm. I don't know how to even say it. It's really weird unnie.

Chaeng : I think I know what you're talking about.

Lisa : Huh?! I haven't even said anything yet.

Chaeng : C'mon Maknae... I'm not your bestfriend for nothing.

Lisa : Wait. Are we best of friends?

Chaeng : Lisayah!!!

Lisa : Yeah yeah... I know chaeng... that's why you're the one I wanna talk about this with.

Chaeng : So.. is it about Jennie?

Lisa : Je...what???!!!

Chaeng : Yes. Jennie unnie. 

Lisa just bowed her head in confusion with her feelings and letting Chaeng do the talking.

Chaeng : What?? Am I right?

Lisa : well... sort of.

Chaeng : So what about her?

Lisa : I don't know unnie. I'm not sure. But I feel different already. And I never felt this way before in my entire life.

Chaeng : hmm... I thought so.

Lisa : wait. What? What do you mean by that?

Chaeng : Well.. you know how observant I can be, right? And I have been noticing that a looooooong time ago.

Lisa : aish!!  jinjaroooo????

Chaeng : Lisa... it's undeniable. I am not even sure how you two aren't dating yet. It's obvious you like her. I'm not sure with Jennie unnie but I think you guys click. You seem to have your own world when you guys are together.

Lisa was blushing while paying constant attention with Chaeng's observations.

Lisa : You think so?

Chaeng : I know so.

Lisa : But Chaeng, I'm a girl. We both are.

Chaeng : And so?

Lisa : And it's against the management! I am not allowed to feel this way.

Chaeng : Well, there's that. But... I'm sure Jisoo will understand too and we can cover for you. It's gonna be our little secret.

Lisa suddenly remembers that she forgot to ask Chaeng if the latter removed her lapel 'cause inside the house, everything is recorded; everything is caught on cam.

Lisa : Unnie!!! Did you remove your lapel???

Chaeng : Yes! Of course!

Lisa : *sigh of relief*

Chaeng : So what's your plan?

Lisa : Plan??? I don't know yet. Should I tell her?

Chaeng : Maybe? Do you think she feels the same way about you?

Lisa : Chipmunk, i really don't know... I have no idea!  

Feeling discouraged, Lisa buried her face to her palms and Chaeng was quick to comfort her bestfriend and gently rubbing her back.

Chaeng : I know it's not easy. But... isn't she straight? Why don't you make her jealous? Let's see how she'll react. Uhmm... but you know if you feel that it's worth it, just go for it.

Lisa : I really don't have any idea Chaeng... I wish I know what's on her mind. 

Chaeng : Well, I have an idea.

Lisa : Really???

Chaeng : Yes. First, you need to start dropping hints about your feelings for her. See if she'll respond to it. Also, I'll try to talk to Chu. See if I can get any information about Jennie unnies feelings. But don't worry I won't expose you.

Lisa : You'll do that for me?

Chaeng : Who's your bestfriend?

Lisa : You. 

Lisa felt delighted and gave Chaeng a big hug then poked her cheeks. 

Lisa : I have the "BESTEST" best friend in the whole world

Lisa : I have the "BESTEST" best friend in the whole world. :)

Chaeng : Lucky you. :)

###