#33 SPACE

CHAPTER 33

SPACE

After finding out the truth,Lisa buried herself with work. She leaves the dorm earlier than the other members and gets home the last. She's trying her best to avoid Jennie because she feels she still isn't ready to listen to her. The feeling of uncertainty is what she can't stand. She isn't sure whether she's ready to believe and accept Jennie's explanation and that hurts her the most. 

Few weeks later, she got sick  at the hype of the preparation for their comeback and promoting Jennie's SOLO, Jennie on the other hand barely had enough time at the dorm. Their schedules are hectic. She still hasn't talk to Lisa; she wants to give her the space that Lisa needs. Jennie has been in and out of the country but she calls Jisoo and Chaeng to look after and check on Lisa all the time. 

"Ring! Ring!"

"Anyeong unnie!" said Chaeng.

"Anyeong Chaeng! How's Lisa?" Jennie worriedly asked.

"She's still in her room... she has fever but refused to be brought to the hospital. She said she'll be fine in a day or two and just needed rest. Don't worry now, Unnie. Jisoo and I are constantly checking up on her." Chaeng assured Jen. 

"It's been more than a month, Chaeng... and it's almost her birthday and our comeback... When will she talk to me? I miss her so badly... " The sadness in Jen's voice is evident.

"Just don't give up on her unnie... we haven't talked about that either. She was too focused on work and I miss her jokes too. I miss my bestfriend unnie... It's actually strange... we don't bicker anymore. We don't mess with each other.. we hardly laugh together... All she does was dance and rap and sing and rehearse everything over and over again like a machine.. She won't talk unless I ask her something... then she'll respond but about work still." 

"I wish we can all go back to normal, Chaeng. "

"I hope she's not thinking that I betrayed her too because that's what I'm worried about..." Chaeng sadly responded.

"I'm sorry for getting you involved in this... I know you did nothing wrong... and you're just trying to help... Please make sure she recovers soon okay? I'll be back in no time. Thank you Chaeng. I gotta go now. "

Meanwhile @ Lisa's Room

Jisoo : Lisayah... how are you feeling now?

Lisa :  I've had better days unnie. 

Jisoo : It's almost your birthday... have you thought of anything you want yet? You can tell me... 

Lisa let go of a deep breath as she thinks of what she wants for a present.

Chaeng enters Lisa's room...

Chaeng : Oh Hi Jisoo unnie. Didn't know you were here. How are you Dongsaeng?

Lisa : I've just answered that earlier... I just want to sleep Chipmunk.

Jisoo : I was just checking on Lisa here and asking her what she wants for her birthday.

Chaeng : Oh... right... it's coming very soon. Actually I just off the phone with J---

Before Chaeng finished her statement, Lisa cut her off.

Lisa : No updates about her. Please? 

Jisoo : But Lisa... you know the truth... you already do... What's keeping you from talking to her and forgiving her? She meant no harm, you know that. 

Lisa : Please unnie... not today. (begs Lisa)

Chaeng : Lisayah, we're worried about you, most specially her. She's been ---

Lisa : Chaeng, what did I tell you? No updates, remember? I'm fine. Please. I just wanna sleep. 

Jisoo : I understand. We're leaving now. Call me if you need anything. Get well.

Chaeng : Okay Lisayah... I hope you're not pushing us away. I miss you. I miss my bestfriend too. 

Lisa pretended to be already asleep as Chaeng and Jisoo left her room. 

Lisa's POV

I miss you guys too... I hope I'll feel better soon... I wish I could forgive you right now Jennie... but it tears me apart everytime I think about it... Don't I really belong here? Can't I be just like any normal person who works hard and be with who she want to be who appreciates her and believes in her... Can't I really be that? 

I can take every single hater, yeah I am fine with that and I can swallow every harsh comments about me 'cause that's normal, right?  but knowing that you seemed like not to believe in me... crushes me every second... I can fight for you... if the situation calls for it... But you never gave me the chance... and just decide to hide things like this from me... How am I suppose to make it right for us... I can give everything up for you right now... But again, you never allowed me to take a step further... you doubted me...

I never want to cause you your career .. infact I'll support you 'til the end... but why did you almost take that bargain and not discuss it with me? How dare you decide my life for me Jennie? Allowing Sajangnim's tricks and flirting with Kai is a little too much I guess?...Am I really just a consolation? I wanna understand you...I wanna believe in the love that you told me... our love... that's suppose to be great... and sweet... and happy... and strong... But I guess it's not for us... Maybe you really are to be with Kai... He who can fulfill your dreams which YG and whole Korea approves of...He who can perhaps boost your popularity... who knows what else he can provide you... unlike me, I'm just a deviation from the plan, right? Well, like they said, I'm just an average asian girl who's trying hard to be on korean stage as an idol but doesn't really seem to belong in it but you know what hurts the most? I was holding your hand... and really not letting go of it like I promised... not knowing you were already making a deal with your other hand... I guess I should hold 'em both huh... wow... I'm really stupid. 

***