#43 Cheers!

CHAPTER 43

CHEERS!

After Lisa got off the phone with Chahee, she immediately put on her robe and sneaked out of her room as quietly as possible since she's just two rooms away from Manager Oppa and Jennie's room was at the opposite end of the hallway.

Lisa was practically tiptoeing to avoid making a sound. Manager Oppa is a light sleeper. He wakes up easily with any unfamiliar sound and he's really very strict in guarding the girls. He follows Sajangnim's orders with the best of his ability.

Lisa made some progress with her tactic but in the middle of it she heard a sound of the door opening and she paused.

Manager Oppa : Lisayah? What are you doing out here this late?

Lisa : (feeling nervous) Oh.... Oppa... It's you... I uh... *clears throat* Uhumm... I was having a hard time sleeping so I decided to take a walk.

Manager Oppa : Where are you going?

Lisa : Uhm... At the rooftop? I'd like to catch some air... It might help me go to bed.

Manager Oppa : Are you sure?

Lisa : Yes Oppa... I'm actually on my way... So, I'll leave you there.

Manager Oppa : Wait a minute. The elevator is right this way... You're heading the wrong direction.

Lisa : Oh... (Trying not to panic, Lisa quickly noticing the signs for the stairs) I'd like to take the stairs... (Pointing towards the direction where she's heading to)

Manager Oppa : Lisayah... I don't think it's a good idea. You going alone... It's not safe.

Lisa : Oppa... there are tons of CCTV cameras here... If incase, you can always check with the hotel where I have gone to.

Manager Oppa : Sajangnim will never approve of this. You should have wake the guards to accompany you.

Lisa : Uwu. I don't wanna disturb them Oppa. They're tired too. We're all tired.

Manager Oppa : Alright... since I'm the one awake, I'll go with you. C'mon. Let's go.

Lisa : Ani ani ani... you really don't have to bother. I can manage on my own.

Manager Oppa : But it's against the rules, Lisayah. Your safety comes first. Maybe you can just order a glass of milk back in your room... it'll help for sure. C'mon now... move along...

Lisa : Aishhh... oppaaaaaaa :( (sounding frustrated)

Manager Oppa : Mianhe Lisayah... Orders are orders. Sleep tight!

Lisa walked back to her room and as soon as she closed the door, she called Jennie.

Chahee : Lisa? It's Chahee. What's taking you so long?

Lisa : I was on my way there but Manager Oppa suddenly woke up and found me walking at the hallway... I tried to make some excuses and told him I'd be going to the rooftop to catch some air but he didn't allow me to do so.

Chahee : Aish. you could just tell him that you're going to Jennie's room.

Lisa : Jinja??? He can never see Jennie drunk. Sajangnim will not be happy if he finds out.

Chahee : She still keeps talking about you... She's waiting for you Lisayah...

Lisa : I know... I'm really sorry but I can't risk exposing her like this... I can never tell what's going on Manager Oppa's mind. I might put Jennie in trouble. I don't want that. Can you put her on the phone instead? We'll video call for now... Please?

Chahee handed over the phone to Jennie.

Lisa : Unnie... It's Lisa... How are you?

Jennie : Lisayah? Is that you? Wow... Did you have fun tonight? Huh?

Lisa : Uhm... The weather was great unnie... What's going on? Why did you drink?

Jennie : Oh pffttt... nothing... I'm just celebrating.

Lisa : Celebrating? Did I miss any occasion?

Jennie : Nah... I'm happy for you... This... this is for you.... cheerssss!!!

Lisa : What?! (sounding confused) It ain't my birthday.

Jennie : Oh c'mon limario... Aren't you supposed to be the one celebrating? You've met Niki. You've spent a romantic night with your idol. And she seems to enjoy your company too. So here I am celebrating for you. Wooh!!! My Namdongsaeng ain't a baby anymore. Yeeha! You really have good taste in girls you know that? (Jennie said sarcastically)

Lisa : What are you talking about?!

Jennie : Forget it... it's alright. Bye now.

Jennie hung up the phone... Lisa dialed again and Chahee was the one who answered.

Lisa : Unnie? Why did you hung up on me???

Chahee : It's Chahee. She buried herself with pillows and blankets after hanging up on you. She almost threw the phone away but I was able to stop her.

Lisa : Thank God you're there. Would you mind me asking what's going on with Jennie Unnie?

Chahee : Oh... she's being a baby. I think she's jealous.

Lisa : Jealous?! With whom?

Chahee : I didn't know you could be insensitive.

Lisa : Ani ani. I really don't know what you're talking about.

Chahee : Aishhhh. I think she's jealous with Niki.

Lisa : (shocked) with who?!?!?!?! with Niki??!!?!?!

Chahee : Yes. She was furious after leaving the building where you were.

Lisa : But... She shouldn't be.

Chahee : I told her that too. Lisayah, I've never seen my bestfriend like this... What's going on with you two?

Lisa : (Stammering) I... uhm... I ugh... I really don't know... but... you know we can't.

Chahee : Are you still inlove with her?

Lisa : Uwu?! Is that even a question???

Chahee : Just answer me. I need to know. I thought you guys are over after the incident with Kai.

Lisa : we were. *sigh* but to answer your question, with all of me, Yes.

Chahee : I see... and I'm guessing she's hasn't moved on from you yet. That's why she's acting out.

Lisa : Unnie... please look after her tonight... I'll be there first thing in the morning...

Chahee : Ne... I'll help her fix herself when she wakes up and I'll hide the bottles.

Lisa : Thank you unnie... I wish I was there... to help you... and be beside her... Sorry for the trouble...

Chahee : She's my bestfriend. I just don't want to see her this way.

Lisa : Neither do I...

Chahee : Can I ask you a favor?

Lisa : Sure Unnie. What is it?

Chahee : I'll be flying back to Korea tomorrow night... she'll be alone... Can you not make her feel that she's alone? Especially not like this... I hope you two can talk properly... I'm a Jenlisa shipper too you know? Hahahaha

Lisa : Ehhhh... Unnie... Gumawo... I'll do my best. Thanks again Unnie... Let's rest now...

Chahee : Ne... Goodnight Lisayah...

***