#39 PROMISE

Lisa's POV

It's already 2 in the morning... I can't sleep!!! aishhhh!!! We still have lots to do for this day... I have to rest. I don't wanna look like a zombie. Hmm... Right!!! A glass of milk will help!!!

Lisa rushed to the kitchen to grab a glass of milk. To her surprise, someone is getting a glass of milk too... 

Lisa : Unnie? 

Jennie : Oh. Lisayah. Can't sleep? 

Lisa : Ughhhh yeah... That's why I'm here... to get a glass of milk... Hopefully it'll help me sleep. 

Jennie poured Lisa a glass of milk... 

Jennie : Here... you should sleep...

Lisa : Thanks unnie... you too... You might get sick again. 

Jennie and Lisa were sitting at the nook to finish the glass of milk... 

Jennie : Uhmm... will you take care of me if I get sick, Lisayah? 

Lisa : Ehhhh... ofcourse. You have three beautiful nurses. :)

Jennie : Uhm... how did your birthday go? 

Lisa : Oh it went well... tiring... but i'm happy... thanks for the cake again... You're tired too, I know... instead of resting, you really had to pull off a delicious cake for me... You didn't really have to... you know...

Jennie : The girls helped me out. We wanted to give you something special. Don't worry too much Oppa. (she grinned)

Lisa : Ahhhh you're teasing me. 

Jennie : You really fit as an oppa, you know. You take care of your girls very well. 

Lisa : Ahhhh... that I'm not so sure of. 

Jennie : Why? You took care of me very well. Actually, you take care of everybody. 

Lisa : Hah... well... If you say so...

Jennie : *deep breath* *sigh* 

Lisa : I can't believe we will be going around the world with our music. Time flies so fast and here we are now... It's so surreal for me. 

Jennie : I know... I'm really excited about it. Imagine, COACHELLA? I only dreamed of being there to watch my favorite artists perform... I never imagined that we will be performing on that stage.

Lisa : I'm sure that everyone will love you even more once you hit the first note of each of our song. You're amazing and you know that. 

Jennie : You're too humble Lisayah... you are the most popular among the four of us. With your moves, you can have the world. 

Lisa : Well... I used to have that.

Lisa looked softly at Jennie's eyes and looked down immediately as tears started flowing down her cheeks.

Jennie pulled herself closer to Lisa and leaned forward to comfort her and wipe her tears.

Jennie : Why are you crying? You know you still have me. 

Lisa : (sobbing gently) I thought this will all be easy... but...

Jennie : Shhh... don't cry now... I'm here... I'll never leave you... (rubbing Lisa's cheeks)

Lisa wrapped her arms around Jennie... It wasn't awkward... It was real...

Jennie's POV

I'm here Lisayah... I'm never gonna leave you... I'm so sorry for all the pain that I caused... If you only know how much I'm longing for you... 

Lisa's POV

If I could wish to have you as my girlfriend again, I would... But I couldn't just wish for myself... I cannot ruin what the four of us worked hard for...

Lisa's head was rested at Jennie's shoulders...she was at her most vulnerable state... and the time she's having with Jennie right now is more than she could wish for... Jennie tried her best to comfort Lisa and be there for her... She missed her so much and she'll do anything to ease the pain that she caused Lisa. 

Lisa : You want to watch Disney?

Jennie : Anything with you. 

Jennie and Lisa proceeded to the living room and watched Tangled just like what they always did before. They were seated on the couch and Lisa rested her head on Jennie's lap until she fell asleep. 

Jennie's POV

(stroking Lisa's hair) Look at you... such an angel... I've been longing to do this ...oh how I missed you Lisayah... (softly planting a kiss at Lisa's forehead) I'll protect you, I promise... I'll be here... I'll be whoever you need me to be...and I won't screw it up again... I'll wait Lisayah... I'll wait... You'll always be worth it. I love you, always. 

Lisa turned her body facing Jennie's position and wrapped her arms around her waist and whispered... 

"I love you Mommy..."

The two fell asleep in the living room... Jisoo was the first to wake up and saw Jennie and Lisa at the living room, still sleeping. She knocked at Chaeng's room to wake her up. 

Jisoo : Chaeng-ah... hurry... you gotta see this. 

Chaeng : What is it unnie?

Jisoo : c'mon... get up... and be quiet.

Chaeng went along with Jisoo to the living room and got giddy upon seeing Lisa and Jennie sleeping in one couch like kids... 

Chaeng : Uwuuuuu. Unnie!!! I'm gonna cry :( Did they make up last night? 

Jisoo : clearly, I don't know. I just saw them like this like 10mins ago... 

Chaeng : Let's prepare them some breakfast. :) 

Jisoo : Don't you think we should wake them up? Our managers will be here anytime soon. 

Chaeng : Ohhhh. right. right. I forgot about that. 

Jisoo : I'll wake them up. You prepare breakfast. 

Chaeng : Great! I'm on it unnie. 

***