#72 Best of Friends

Jisoo : Chaeng-ah? 

Chaeng : Neh?

Jisoo : Neh???

Chaeng : Aniiii. 

Jisoo : Aniiii???? 

Chaeng : Unnie. Seriously. 

Jisoo : Wey? 

Chaeng : I really appreciate all this... And believe me, I am honored. But...

Jisoo : Is it still the monkey?

Chaeng : Ani... ani... 

Jisoo : The ex?

Chaeng : Not quite. 

Jisoo : What is it then?

Chaeng : It's US. I fear that it might affect our group... we already have JENLISA... the company is undergoing a major transition right now... I don't know if they can handle hiding another relationship like this. 

Jisoo : But it's not up to us Chaeyongie. It's beyond our control. 

Chaeng : Easy for you to say. You're not in my position unnie. I'm just like Lisa. My solo has been what? Delayed, right? Just like Lisa, I can't afford any controversy! Please... try to understand. This is not easy for me. 

Jisoo : Uhtoke?! But you did fall inlove with the monkey, right? Aren't you prepared incase she felt the same way too???

Chaeng : Unnie... please... I can't do this right now. 

Jisoo : Chaeyongie---

And she was left alone by the poolside... Chaeng couldn't argue with Jisoo any further... her feelings are vague. She's jealous when Sooju is around, but could not really decide what she feels for her unnie. She's too scared, probably. 

Chaeng's POV

I'm sorry unnie... I wish I could reciprocate the love that you're giving me right now... but... I don't know with myself either... I don't wanna hurt you... I don't wanna disappoint the company. I just can't right now... I hope you understand... 

Chaeng needed her bestfriend the most this time right now so she sent her a message.

"Lisayah, can we talk? I need you right now. And please, let Jennie unnie be beside Jisoo. She's by the poolside. Meet me at the rooftop. I'm on my way up now."

Lisa was shocked upon reading Chaeng's text message and bolted from the bed. 

Lisa : Hun... quickly, you must you to Chikin. She's by the poolside. I got a text from Chaeng and I'll meet her at the rooftop. 

Jennie : Why??? What happened???

Lisa : I don't know baby. But this doesn't look good. Will you be fine on your own to go downstairs? I can go with you and then I'll meet with Chaeyongie. 

Jennie : No baby... I can manage. Chaeng sure needs you right now. Be careful on your way up, okay? 

Lisa : Always baby... I love you... Take care too... and keep me posted. I'll see you later. 

Lisa hurriedly went to the elevator to meet Chaeng at the rooftop while Jennie rushed to check on Jisoo.

As soon as she sees Jisoo, Jennie came running to give her bestfriend a hug...