Chapter 7

(Hello, everyone! I just want to say thank you for reading! I hope you're enjoying. I was wondering if at least one of you can tell me whether you like this gifs with the story or not. I will use them when introducing a new character. I  am just not sure whether you like the ones I used in the end of the last book What Really Happens: NCIS. If anyone can just say yes or no. I try to pick one that matches up with the theme of the chapter for that character. I was hesitant on doing it right now because of the situation of Melissa. Thank you. Sorry to interrupt your reading and enjoy!)

 Sorry to interrupt your reading and enjoy!)

Tim's POV:

Too much time has gone by and it's all my fault. I was thinking of ways to hide this all from Gibbs while Abby sunk into a corner almost in tears. She feels as if her world just came crashing down on her. Her ex-boyfriend wasn't who he said he was. On top of that he took her best friend.

She ran to the corner and started chanting no. She didn't stop until I went to her and held her for a while. Nothing interrupted us. No phone calls, and no one walking into the lab. She just sat there in my arms and chanted the same word over and over again. I think I still have some tear drops on my jacket, but I won't pay attention to it.

How is it I could still only think of Melissa when all of this is happening? I wasn't thinking of my friend that was crying in my arms. I was thinking what if Melissa is crying right now and why? I don't know what's going on with me, but we have to stop wasting time. I want to get up, but I will let Abby make that call. There are two broken hearts in this room now.

While she laid there, she gave me a phone number. It was the number to the prison that was holding Dominic. She told me to call them and find out everything I could. Man was the information they gave me enough to make me want to suit up and go out there and find him myself. I could tell Abby heard every word of the conversation because her breathing would stop with every word that was said.

I hang up the phone and look down at the broken girl beside me. She deserves better than what she gets. Maybe that's why I didn't make the cut to be her boyfriend. She knew she deserved better. Or maybe she knew she wasn't mine the way Melissa is. She's mine and I am hers. The world would have to split to make us part. Only then, just like now, would my heart and mind still belong to her. She doesn't even know it. How much I think of her; how much I do because she simply is. She doesn't know it and I have realized it myself.

She wiggles out of my grasp and wipes her face. "We have to find her." Her voice is froggy. "We have to get her back now."

She picks herself up and makes her way to the computer. I rush to follow her without saying a word.

She picks up her phone and I don't stop her.

"Gibbs. Come to the lab. You, Ziva, everybody."

"Is Ziva finally back? What time is it?" She hits me in the arm. I know it's because she's nervous.