Chapter 82

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

It was hard for me to get any sleep last night with Melissa not acting like herself.

I wasn't tossing or turning because all I could do was stare and worry about her. I've never seen her like that before. She didn't have any emotion for anything. Even Gibbs' tearjerker of a family story didn't make her budge.

Melissa is full of feeling and cares for others. Last night she wasn't her. She didn't make any sense.

I'm not even sure if her dreams are making sense right now. She doesn't look as peaceful as she used to when she would sleep.

Yesterday was rough and I didn't give her any warning of how it could be. I could have warned her more so this wouldn't have happened. I told her it's a possibility that it might not go the way we want it to, but I could have never predicted that. Maybe if I did, she wouldn't be like this right now. All I want to do is protect her with everything I have and somehow, I've failed to do that.

I didn't warn her enough and that's my fault. My version of protecting her made it worse.

I get up and start to make coffee. I already know I'm going to need it for today.

It's was nice of the guys to come over and tell Melissa what they think of Gibbs' rule. It's crazy that they knew that I never her told her that story before. It's just never been my story to tell anyone. I would have told her; I just didn't think about it like they did.

I don't think that any one of us is expected to show up to work today. Neither of our phones have gone off. I'm beginning to think it's a good sign that we haven't heard from the others. If we weren't there, I think that would let us know that they are. I think.

When the coffees ready I pour myself a cup and go in the room to wonder about her more.

When I walk in, I can see that her eyes are opened. She's staring out the window. I can't tell whether she knows I'm in here or not because she hasn't been reacting to anything.

"Baby?" I practically whisper.

"Hmm?" Is all I get.

"Did I wake you?" I go to the bed side table to put my coffee down and spoon her.

She sighs. "No. I've been awake."

Oh. "Why didn't you say anything?" She doesn't respond to my touch either.

She shrugs. "I just didn't I guess."

What is this? I've never seen her like this before. Is this how she would be by herself at home? She was in that basement all alone with her feelings.

No, I can't think about that right now.

I put my hand on her shoulder. "Baby please talk to me." This has been killing me. If I can't protect her, how can she ever be with me?