Chapter 55

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

"Are you ready to do this?" Melissa squeezes my hand as we're sitting in the parking lot. I drove her here since her car has been in the lot for a couple days.

We've freaked out a bit every time someone walks by because we think it's Gibbs. If the rest of our friends are in there, then he's been there for a while. I won't tell her I just realized it if she won't point it out either. She has other things on her mind right now.

I rub my thumb on her hand to calm her down. I'm not completely nervous about confirming our relationship with our friends. It's just going to be weird that everyone knows besides Gibbs. In reality, we're just telling Ziva because the others have known. It's hard to believe that we've kept it from her the best when she lived with Melissa for so long. She probably knew, she was just keeping her mouth shut.

"I'm ready if you are." I squeeze her hand one last time. She opens the door and her hand leaves mine. What I wouldn't do to hold her hand through the parking lot and in the building. I can't rush this. We're back to being in love and together. We're about to tell our friends we've been seeing each other.

How I really feel? Finally. I can finally breathe with everyone finally knowing why I can.

We're the in the elevator and I bring her into my arms. I kiss her on the head, and she giggles. I hope she's relieved as I am.

When she told me how it went with Gibbs, I had to say some of my worries went away. It had nothing to do with us but knowing that she stood her ground about how she isn't leaving but she's sick of the secrets, made me realize that we're really doing this. We're making a future for ourselves. This is just the first step of many.

We walk in the squad room and no one is there. Before my suspicion can grow Melissa pulls me to my desk. "Put your stuff down. They're in Abby's lab."

I practically drop everything immediately and follow her to another elevator. "I'm sorry, Abby's lab?"

"Yeah. The one person who knew about our relationship since the beginning. Makes sense that we would meet there wouldn't you think?"

She does have a point. As long as Gibbs doesn't walk in and wonder what we're meeting about.

"Don't you? We could change it really quick. I'll text Abby and-"

I kiss her without thinking. I can feel her body relax as the elevator starts to move. "I think it's a great idea."

She smiles and the elevator door opens. "Okay, now or never."

When we get to Abby's door, Melissa does a rhythmic knock. I cock my eyebrow. "We came up with it over text. I'm praying I did it right."

Suddenly the door opens, and Abby sticks her head out. "Yay. You did the secret knock." She's whispering. She rushes us in and Tony and Ziva are inside.