Chapter 60

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

"This brings back memories." Abby says as we walk through the mall. We haven't had a day to hang out for a while. With everything that's been going on, it feels like I've aged a couple years.

Abby makes me happy in the sense that I'm not the only one who kept hearing about Christmas, and somehow managed to forget all about it. Halloween is her holiday, but she loves giving gifts on Christmas.

"What the hell am I supposed to get Tim?" I burst out while looking at probably the 75th tie today. We've walked around the mall and scoped out every square foot of this place and can't find anything to give him.

"You're thinking about it too much. Just let something catch your eye."

"I've tried that in every store we've been to."

She sighs. "You're right. Maybe you should just ask him."

That's the last thing I want to do. I'm with someone for so long and have no idea what to get him for Christmas. What kind of girlfriend am I?

"I need coffee."

We go to the nearest coffee stand and find a place to sit. My feet are killing me. If I was still on my feet all day like Abby, I would be fine like she is.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask you, how are you doing?"

She shrugs. "I've been fine. I've stayed in my office and been doing the same thing every day. My life probably hasn't been as hectic as yours."

I laugh because she's right, but that's not what I'm talking about. "I meant with the whole Dominic situation."

I can see the mentioning his name sends chills throughout her body. She plays with her straw. Only she would get a cold drink when it's 20 degrees outside. I haven't had a chance to talk to her about it. If I have had the chance, then I've been a selfish bitch and not thinking to ask because I've been too deep in my own shit.

"Oh, I haven't thought about it much." I don't want to push her to talk about it. I just want her to know she can if she wanted to.

"Neither have I. I was so sick of talking about it that if I talked about it one more time, I think I would have punched someone. Anyone."

She tries to laugh, but I can see right through her. "Can I tell you something?"

I shake my head.

"To tell you the truth, that's one of the main reasons I stopped drinking. I let him know too much."

"I don't think so. He didn't say anything to me." He was saying so much crap while I was in that basement with David. He was malnourished and going insane with power. He mentioned something about my family being closer than I think. That's when I knew he really lost it because Abby still doesn't know that much about my family. He was probably reflecting because of what he did to his.