Chapter 63

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

After Tim left last night, I ran into James' room and found him reading. "Were you talking to someone?" He asked.

"Kind of." He put down the book as I sat at the edge of the bed. It's late and seeing Tim just gave me an adrenaline rush. Now, I really won't get any sleep.

"What's on your mind kiddo?" Everything, why do you ask?

"Well, you know how you wanted to meet Tim?"

He shakes his head. "I believe I did say that."

"What if you met him tomorrow morning for breakfast?" I said in a high-pitched voice with my shoulders up.

"Tomorrow morning? As in tomorrow morning?"

That's not what I wanted to hear. "Yes. Is that okay?" I was pretty sure he didn't have any plans.

"It's late notice. We have to clean up the place."

I look around his room that has looked the same for years. I say that, with really taking a good look at it. When I came in here to give him his knife because I wanted him to protect himself, it was dark, and I wasn't worried about the way the room looked. The way it looks reminds me of the way he did when she was still here. He hasn't changed a thing. Everything is still organized. There's dust in most places, but other than that it looked really good in there.

"Dad, the whole house has been organized for years."

"Then, that makes the job easier." The more he made jokes; I had the urge to ask what he's done with my father.

"Is that a yes?"

He chuckles. "Of course, it's a yes."

I continued to smile and tell him that Tim plans on bringing us breakfast. All we have to do is set up.

"Set up? In front of the TV? We've never done that before. He must be special."

So many jokes, not enough time to get sleep while stressing over this meeting.

I'm standing in my room, with absolutely nothing to wear. I can't wear anything sexy underneath because I'm scared somehow, they will know. I can't be too relaxed either because it's not how I'm feeling at all. I decide with the pink shirt I wore to work one day with a necklace and jeans. I'm taking these jeans back and ignoring the memories that come with them. I leave my hair down this time because that would be more uncomfortable.

Please text me when you're here.

I text Tim as I decide whether to just wear socks or put my converse on. I have to put on shoes, or I know with my luck I'll fall when I walk through the kitchen.

My phone goes off, and I open it immediately.

Will do babe. Everything will be fine. Trust me.