Chapter 59

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

When Jimmy was standing behind us at the bar, I was in shock. When he ran away, I was confused. I didn't expect Melissa to run after him. When she escaped my grip, I was surprised. It took me a minute to process what was going on before I went after her.

When she looked at me with her big eyes and asked why he ran away, I had no idea what to tell her. I don't know why he ran away. All I know is that Palmer is a good guy. I might not know why he ran away from us, but he knows Gibbs rules and has heard stories about Rule 12 before. He wouldn't tell on us. I mean, I don't think he would.

It was nice to see that she went back to having fun when we were drinking the Sweetheart Martini. It was really cool of Tony to do that for us. Even though Melissa didn't like it. She still drank it. She drank most of it. I pretended to take the number of sips that I did because I was driving. It was crazy that Melissa and I were the most drunk there. It was about us and the fact that they no longer have the pressure of keeping a secret from someone that they think the world of.

Melissa was quiet on the ride home, but not anymore. She giggles as I try to get her into sweatpants. I got my T-shirt on her, but she isn't budging when it comes to the pants.

"Baby, you're going to be cold."

She shakes her head and lifts herself to kneel on the bed. She's almost my height when she's like this. She's so cute.

"Why can't you just keep me warm?" Damn she's sexy. If only she wasn't so drunk. If I was too, I know I wouldn't be able to control myself, but I'm not and I don't want to take advantage of her.

"I will just let me get out of these clothes."

"Can I help?" She's killing me.

She starts to unbutton my shirt, but I back away. I don't know how but I back away. "Baby, I'll be right there next to you in a second okay?"

She groans and plops her stomach on the bed. She snuggles up to the pillow and rests her legs with one bent up. She has no idea what she does to me. She doesn't even know she's doing it.

I try to lift the covers from under her and it's a bit of a struggle until she gives in and pulls me to her.

"Hi." She says as she starts to kiss me. I want her so bad. I just want things to go different this time.

"Hey baby." I say with a smile. She starts to kiss my neck and I have to stop her. "Baby, come on I don't want to take advantage of you."

"Take advantage?" She hiccups, I don't have to tell you the irony on that. "But I want you. I've wanted you for so long." She wines.

"I want you too. But I told you I just want this to be perfect."

She traces her finger around my face. She's such a cute drunk. She isn't clingy or a mad one, she's just Melissa.