Chapter 16

(Hello loves! You all have no idea how long I have been waiting for this book you guys! It is getting god, juicy, and oy! Enjoy!)

Melissa's POV:

I'm being woken up by someone jumping on my bed. I don't freak out immediately because when I open my eyes, I look at the one mirror I have and see that it's Ziva on top of me.

My froggy voice is forced out of me. My body jumps up every time hers goes down. "Zi-va I'm a-wake."

"Okay!"

She stops jumping and gathers her breath. I catch mine and sit myself up to let the air into my lungs.

She's staring at me, thinking of how to word what she's going to say.

"Ziva?"

"Okay. Okay." She takes in a deep breath. "I want a bagel."

My shoulders fall and a smile forms on my face. "You want to get bagel?"

She starts to laugh, and I hold mine back to get a point across. "You woke me up like that because you wanted to tell me that you wanted a bagel?"

We're both laughing at so early in the morning. I don't know why she's so enthusiastic about this, but it's nice to see her like this.

She gets up from the bed and starts to go for her clothes. "I want you to come with me. I mean if you're up for it that is. I just thought it was a good idea. I would like you there with me with otherwise. Just not it you're up for it."

She doesn't look at me during the time that she rambles on. I know she's trying to do the right thing. She's not forcing me to go out. She never forces me to do anything. I like that she lets me make my own decisions and speak my own mind.

I look at the time. "It's early. The others aren't even at work yet."

She turns around after getting herself dressed. "That is the best time to get bagels. They're fresh and ready for us to eat."

She's really excited about these bagels.

I don't know who will be out there. Anyone from Juice could be out there, and I won't know. Apparently, their friends don't have to wear the jackets with their name on it. I don't know if I'll bump into David just yet. I don't think he'll be out of the hospital for a while. The thing is that I've never focused on the people I was passing. I never worried about who I would bump into in a bagel shop. There's going to be a time when I have to face it. I won't stay in this house forever. I refuse.

"I'm wearing a sweatshirt."

She smirks. "Good."

Getting in the car is fine. Ziva was barely an inch away from me. It feels nice to get out of the house. I feel the breeze against my face and I'm enjoying it rather than hiding from it. I'm surprised when Ziva goes as far as opening my door. It wasn't necessary.