Chapter 53

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

I know I always said that Tim and I would tell our friends about our relationship together, but I can't take it anymore. If there can't be anymore secrets between us, then there can't be any secrets between any of us. We trust each other with our lives. We should be able to trust them with our relationship. We don't have one at the moment, but yesterday he was talking about how we should talk about us.

I know I jumped the gun here, but it felt like the only thing I could tell Tony. The truth.

I've been crying for weeks. I practically threw myself at a murderer. Last night, I had a panic attack and didn't even know it. This all has to end now. When I tell Tim, I hope he sees that. I hope he sees that Pat was a mistake that I made. He's one of the many mistakes, and I plan to not make anymore. Not at work, not in my relationship, and not with my friends.

I tell Tony everything. I tell him when we started seeing each other. I brought up the trip we went on and how were official when Jimmy drunk called me Thanksgiving night. I knew I didn't have to tell him about Halloween because he was there for it. I shared with him that we went on vacation together, but I don't tell him where. I don't tell him about our first kiss or our first time. I don't tell him our interests. I just tell him that we're together and that I love him.

When I finish telling him the story, his body finally relaxes, and he leans back onto the couch. I hit him with so much information that I can visibly see it on him. Then, he starts smirking.

"Why don't you seem surprised?" There can't be anymore secrets, or I might just jump ship.

He chuckles "I mean I never had a clue you two were together, but I knew the first day you two met he liked you."

I remember the day we met, and the butterflies are back. I don't mind. "Really?" I could tell by looking back at it, but it's nice to hear an outside source say it.

"Oh, sure. He couldn't take his eyes off of you."

I'm becoming bashful.

"You know, I knew he liked you. He liked you for so long, I could tell. He almost killed for you."

My head shoots up when he says that word.

"When he found out it was Dominic who took you."

"Oh. Yeah, he told me about that." It was one of the reasons he broke up with me, but not really. He made this more complicated than it has to be.

"He was always so protective of you. I am of you too, but it was during times when you would be alone with someone dangerous. I would be mad, but he would be furious. I remember I said I love you and he questioned it." He says with laughter.

I laugh along. "I know what you mean Tony. I love you too."

He leans over and rubs his face. "This all makes sense now."