Chapter 64

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

I left the house without saying goodbye to James. I was so upset with his tone and the way he just dismissed himself from the table. Everything was going so well at first. Then, at the first sign of empowerment he walked away. He brought up Sean, knowing that he's always wanted me and him to be together. The best thing he did was thank Tim for finding me and bringing me home. Tonight, I hope to remind Tim of that.

I'm going to push tonight and this morning to the back of my mind. I have to go into work because I have my first real appointment. Vance and I finally finalized Jack's schedule and he is meeting me there. He hasn't seen his office yet. He doesn't even know he's getting his own office.

When I get to my office, I'm happy to see that I beat Jack here. I look around to make sure everything is in order. Nothing is out of place and the couch and chairs are ready to be sat in and talked in.

"Hey." I turn and Gibbs is at the door. "Ready for your first appointment?"

Today is a first for everything. "Yes, and anxious as anything." I have to admit that seeing him hear is making me feel better. he's the one who gave me the promotion. I'm happy that he's here to really see that I do deserve this.

"You'll do fine." He smiles. He walks over to Jack's new office. "Vance told me about this."

"What do you think?" If he see's a problem with it, I hope that he will tell me.

He walks around the room to do a full inspection. "It looks nice." He walks back to me. I forgot that I wanted him to be back in my life and in the loop of things. I want to be the same with him, but I'm doing a crappy job of showing it. I know he can tell I'm nervous.

"Yeah. Everything has been happening so fast." Is all I can say.

"It's okay." He puts his hands on my shoulders. "You'll do great today."

As soon as Gibbs walks out the door, Jack enters.

"Hey!" He says running to me and wrapping his arms around me. "I can't believe today is the day. We're really doing this?"

I shake my head. "Believe it!"

He looks around the room but doesn't notice the other door wide open. "So, what's the plan? Where should I put my stuff? Or do I hold it because I can't be in the room when you talk to him?" He almost sounds as nervous as I am.

"I have a surprise!" I shout, kind of ignoring his question. I eagerly point to the corner of the room and he follows. Once he see's what I'm so excited about, his mouth falls to the floor.

"When did that get there? What is that?!" He runs to it and I follow behind.

He doesn't say anything when he looks at the desk and the silk chair against the wall. He gasps when he sees a bookcase with some books and a globe on it. He looks out the windows at his view and looks back at his office. He runs to his desk when he sees that his name is on a nameplate.