Chapter 67

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

I fell asleep earlier than planned and couldn't talk to Sarah when she got home. Spending the day worrying about everything really knocked me out. It's a good thing it did because now that it's morning and I've slept on it; I realize that Sarah really didn't know that James was an alcoholic. It was just something she said. Though, most people wouldn't say anything about it to someone they're meeting for the first time. But I know she didn't mean it.

I let her sleep this morning and got ready for work quietly. On my way in, I see Ziva who is usually here after me. She goes to tell me that she drove Melissa to work. Before I could ask why Tony took her away for something that I couldn't hear over my thoughts. I called Melissa to see how she was doing. She calmed me down by letting me know that she just stayed over Ziva's place. She had to go in a rush because of work. I felt bad for calling her on her work line, I just thought it was the fastest way to reach her.

I called her again, but this time I made my way to the bathroom. Tony reminded me of Christmas and that I have to tell Melissa soon that I can't see her until later because Sarah is guarding herself and wants to spend Christmas probably trying to get ahold of our dad. I know this isn't my business to share with Melissa, but I feel like I can tell her anything. I have to be able to if we're going to make us, and the Christmas present I have for her work.

Before I could tell her the news, she hung up immediately. To be fair, she sounded weird while we were talking. She said she couldn't come over tonight. I didn't ask why because I figured she has a lot on her plate. Before she hung up, she he told me she had to go see Ducky. I hope she didn't see anything that's going to scar her. She's seen a lot of things, but I never know what could happen next.

When I get home, Sarah is laying on the coach with the TV on. Her eyes are barely opened, but she greets me. "Hey Tim."

"Hey." I take off my jacket and join her on the couch.

"How was work?" She asks to be nice. I know she probably couldn't care less.

"Fine." She sits up as I stare at the TV.

I can see that her eyes widen, and she clears her throat. "Anything interesting happen?" She sits up straight.

Nothing enough to be repeated. "Nope."

"Did Melissa have fun last night?"

I shrug. "I think so. I didn't see her today."

"Oh. Are you two going out tonight?"

"She can't."

"Why?"

I turn to her. "Why? I don't know why? What does it matter?"

She rolls her eyes and stands up. "Gee, sorry. I was just making conversation." She says heading for the kitchen.

I rub my hands over my head and sigh. "You're right. I'm sorry. I did something stupid today."