Chapter 54

I'm spending my morning trying to get ready, then Tim woke up and dragged me back into bed with him

I'm spending my morning trying to get ready, then Tim woke up and dragged me back into bed with him. He's lying on top of me so I can't get up. He's been kissing me ever since and I'm not complaining.

"I missed you." He coos.

"I missed you." We said this to each other last night probably over 100 times. I have to admit it's nice to hear.

He starts sucking my neck and sadly that's when I have to stop him. "No, no, no Tim. I can't have a hickey when I go over there." I have one thing on my mind today. I wish it was what Tim wanted to do, but I can't let anything get in the way of me getting my answers.

He stops. "Just reminding me of that will make me stop touching you."

I giggle and he gets off of me. "I'm sorry. I just want to get out of these clothes and head over there as fast as possible." I've been wearing these clothes too long and the memories that come with them don't help.

"You want to get away from me that bad?"

I know he's joking. I go to him and wrap my arms around him. "The sooner I start the sooner it's over and I can be back here with you."

He kisses my forehead. "I know. It's just that I just got you back. I want to take advantage of that."

"I thought you said you weren't going anywhere?"

He smirks. "You can count on it."

He drives me home since my car is still parked at work. Saying goodbye was the same as before, we didn't want to say it. I walk in to say hi to James, shower, and change into clothes that compliment this weather.

James didn't seem too worried about me. He just asked me if I was okay in a casual way. I told him I stayed at a friends the past two nights. He shook his head and focused his attention back to the TV as usual.

After the small talk and the showering that was desperately needed, I'm finally in front of the house that I've been dreading being at all day.

I take a few minutes in my car to sort my thoughts and build up the courage to enter the house. I know by now that I don't have to knock or ring any doorbell. When I walk in, I don't announce myself because I know I won't get an answer. I can hear the banging of a hammer and head in that direction.

I walk down the stairs and see the boat that has improved since the last time I saw it.

"Melissa," He never takes his eyes off the boat. "how are you feeling?"

Happy, nervous, sad, annoyed, am I missing any?

"Fine." It's weird seeing him after everything that happened. We haven't talked about anything in a long time. This isn't like our normal conversations about our dads or work. It's bigger than that I can feel it.

He looks up from his boat and makes eye contact with me. He gestures over to the stools he has down here, and I go over to sit. "I don't like liars, Melissa." Oh, I hope that was a joke.