Chapter 51

Melissa's POV:

Melissa's POV:

Everything keeps happening so fast, and I can't make it stop. When I heard Ducky talk about muscle relaxers, I was telling myself that there's no way it would be the ones that Pat takes. Pat wouldn't do that. Anytime someone would mention his cousin, he would be sad and show it. He walked the walk and talked the talk.

Then, Ducky said Niacin and I knew that everything I thought about this person was wrong. We just met, but I can read people like a book, or so I thought. I didn't mean to drop Jimmy's coffee when he said that, it just happened. I didn't realize until Gibbs was in my face asking me if I was okay. I'm still not.

I wanted to yell at him and not speak to him at the same time. He only focused on me when we walked into the house, and Tim blocked me from him. We were all there and he still only focused on me. I thought I was dreaming. I thought this was going to be a misunderstanding, until Gibbs said Greg was his brother and Pat lost it. He was a completely different person in front of them. When we were alone, he was a shy but flirty guy. I was completely wrong about him.

"I want to ride with them." I finally speak. I held my breath while Pat was read his rights. I sound pathetic and weak and I hate it.

I hear Tony say something, but I don't react. I can't. "No, there's no way-"

"Fine." Gibbs catches my attention when he agrees. He has this look on his face like he knows everything that has gone on between me and Pat. I hope he doesn't. I don't think I would be standing here right now if he did.

His eyes look tired, but something is telling me that he knows what I'm going through. I don't have words for what's going on in my head, but I think he can put it together more than I can.

Ziva drove Pat back to NCIS and I was right next to her. Nothing was said in the car because he knows his rights. I thought that he would say something involving us, but he didn't make a peep.

 I thought that he would say something involving us, but he didn't make a peep

I'm standing outside interrogation, wanting to go in there and talk to him. With the way that Ziva drives, we weren't supposed to get here as fast as we did. The guys are probably still fifteen minutes away or so. Now, would be the time to talk to him, but I messed up once. I don't know if I can afford to mess up again.