Chapter 65

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

"Anywhere with a burger and I'll be okay!" Sarah shouts from my room.

The morning with James wasn't as bad as I expected. I didn't expect him to say any of those things. When I walked in, I wanted to punch him for every year he wasn't there for her. I wanted to break a glass for every time Melissa had to help carry his ass to bed when she was only eight. She wasn't even as tall as she is now, and she was carrying him.

I didn't care about the mom thing because Melissa and I know we have that in common. We've talked about it before. I was more upset when he brought up Sean. I saw it on Melissa's face that there was more meaning to him shoving it in my face that they had a past. Sean was the same age as Melissa and couldn't tell his parents that he didn't want to move. Though, if I was him and I found out where my childhood friend was, I wouldn't leave her like he did.

I'm glad he said she isn't him when it comes to alcohol. I didn't want to be the one to open his eyes and make him see it.

I hated walking into that house again. It's like I can feel the loneliness she felt when she was little. She had no friends because kids are evil and made fun of her for not having a mom. Even from the little amount of college experience she did have, she still felt alone. I felt that when I walked into the house when she was taken, and I felt it this morning.

"And I don't care if it's fancy, I'm wearing what I want!"

Telling Sarah that we're going out with Melissa tonight made her speechless at first. Then, she said fine because I told her we wouldn't mention dad at all. She expressed how worried she was about it, that I made it easier and said no one will mention him.

I just texted Melissa the instructions. She just got back to me.

Got it. Lips are sealed.

I knew with her I didn't have to explain it. If anyone understands the topic of bad dads, it's her. I wish Sarah would just listen to me when I say that. I know she doesn't know Melissa. I hope she gives her a chance tonight.

My phone vibrates.

Just to let you know I'm here. Should I come in?

I texted Melissa in the afternoon saying to meet me at my place instead. I felt bad not knowing where we were going and having to tell her late in the day in hope that she would find the place. The idea that I've had for a while finally came back to me.

I go to the door and see her car. She looks at me and I run over to the car.

When she gets out, she's wearing a teal shirt with a black skirt and combat boots.

"You look handsome." She says to my blue button down and kakis.

She comes to me and I kiss her for as long as I can before I can tell that she's getting cold.