Chapter 76

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

I wake up to a smell. Then, I can feel something on the bed move. When I turn around, I see Melissa holding a plate of food and a coffee mug in her hand. "If you move anymore, I'll spill the coffee and we'll both be upset."

I rub my eyes and sit up slowly. "Baby, what did you do?"

She giggles and rests the plate on my lap and hands me the coffee. "I made you breakfast. There's eggs, toast, and some bacon." She says with a bright smile.

"I guess we're finally putting that cookbook to use again."

She frowns at me. "Okay, if you think I needed a cookbook to make this stuff then I don't know how you got along without me before."

I bite the toast and lean in for a kiss. "I don't know either." I kiss her and she stays where she is with nothing in her hands.

"You're not joining me for breakfast?"

I wish she would eat more. It's nothing to do with a disorder. It's the fact that growing up she barely ate because no one was looking out for her. Now she has me and the cookbook we bought.

"No," she gets up from the bed and heads over to her suitcase that we didn't get a chance to unpack last night. "I was thinking today would be one of those days that we take both cars to work."

Being in this place with her makes me forget our problems. The one problem we have, and I forget about it because it's happening on the outside. I'm more interested and focused on us and our future. It's us against everything.

"Right." Suddenly I'm not hungry for the amazing breakfast she put together for me.

"Is that okay?" She asks as she puts on her shirt over her leggings. "We need to tell him about us soon, but we have to pick the right time. I just feel like today isn't that time."

She comes to sit next to me. I wrap my arms around her. I can tell she already brushed her hair and teeth. She smells like the fragrance she always uses. "I'm sick of hiding you like a secret. We've done that long enough."

"I know. If we had the same break, we had last year, I would say the first day back we should do it. Now, I don't know."

NCIS decided our week break was too long last year. We had off Christmas and a couple days after. Now, we don't have off until New Year's Eve and three days after that.

"Maybe we can do it before New Year's Eve. Maybe even on New Year's Eve."

I think about it for a second and that would be nice. If we told him then, we could all have a break from each other and let the news sync in. "I think that would be a good idea." I hate the idea of us driving to and from work separately. It just seems so dumb that we can't even carpool without the idea of us being together get in his head. Not that it would wrong, but we don't want him to know that yet.