Chapter 71

Tim's POV:

Tim's POV:

I can't believe this is happening. I was out to dinner with Sarah, and all the signs were there. She must have taken the pills before we left, and they kicked in when we made it to the restaurant. I saw it in her tired eyes, the way she groaned when the food came, and she saw what it looked like. It looked delicious but not to someone who is nauseous all the time. I knew better than to say anything about the food again. When we finally got up to leave, she spun around to get her coat off the chair and nearly fell to the floor. She threw a little fit when I tried to help her up.

That's when I knew I had to go to Gibbs. She doesn't have a father figure right now. She hasn't had one for a long time. Neither have I and it's why I don't know what to do in this situation. I had to come to him because he would know. His family or not I knew that he would help and know what to do.

When we got back from the restaurant, I didn't want her to think I was leaving to see Melissa. I know that she would've done anything to keep me from leaving. I waited a few minutes while she was in front of the TV. I joined her then minutes later I pretended to go into a panic and ran to the bathroom. She was wondering what was going on. I told her that I forgot to pick up my medication from the pharmacy. I made it believable by asking if she had anywhere to go tonight. She told me no and to go ahead. In a time of emergency is when I'm best at acting.

Ziva is driving, Melissa is in the front seat, and I'm in the back. Melissa said she had something to show me and I have no idea what it is. In a time like this I know it has to be important for her to take us out of the way to go to her house right before we go to mine to help Sarah. Luckily, we haven't gotten a text from Tony or Abby asking us where we are so he can't be there yet.

We get in front of her house and she doesn't wait a second before opening the door. She opens my door because I'm still in shock of what's going on. I know it's true. I've seen it with my own eyes and somehow, I still can't believe it. She pulls me out of the car, and I force myself to follow her to the door. She forces the door open and James is sitting in his chair.

He slowly turns to us. When he sees that it's us, he focuses back to the TV. "Oh, Tim. Nice to see you decided to spend Christmas with my daughter."

She grabs my hand and drags me to the kitchen. "Not now dad."

He couldn't pick a worse time to get on my nerves. My sister is an addict but so is he. This is the kitchen he got drunk in everyday and threw away her childhood. He better not think that I've forgotten.

Melissa puts me in front of a security camera system. "Here." She says as she fusses around with it.

"What could you have to show me at a time like this?"

"Don't raise your voice to her!" James shouts from the other room.

I try to escape Melissa's grasp, but she pushes me back. "Ignore him. We'll be out of her in a second."