38||Work Study 2: Overused Joke Boogaloo

It's the 2nd work study

Ben doesn't want to go back to Hawks' agency

Hawks' agency was a casual environment but Ben barely got any action

luckily for Ben he has options

so here he is working under The BMI Hero: Fat gum alongside Kirishima and Mirio's friend, Tamaki Amajiki

they patrol a shopping district

"Those punks and hoodlums keep gettin' into so many fights these days! I'm starvin'!" Fat gum sighs as he's devouring an entire plate of food.

"Yeah, the hero agencies 'round here have been wantin' a fightin' type. Red Riot, Ben 10, You're both perfect."

"We look forward to working with you!" they exclaim in unison.

"Fourth Kind wasen't taking work study students." Kirishima continues. "I'm so grateful to you for taking me on."

"And Hawks was a little.... too laid back.... even for me." Ben sighs. "And I used Greymatter last week to ace a test!"

Fat gum continues.

"If Tamaki could only do somethin' about his weak mind, he'd be a great talent!"

Amajiki clutches his chest seeming to be deep in inner monologue

"That pressure leads me to even lower lows..." he mutters. "It's always like this....! This man scouted me in order to torment me! It's Power Harassment! I wanna go home!"

"Maybe he's trying to encourage you!" Kirishima consoles. "That's how it sounds to me, anyway."

"Yeah!" Ben adds

"OI FAT!" a store own calls out. "Eat some of ours!"

"I will tomorrow." Fat gum smiles.

"I can't be cheerful and positive like you two or Mirio." Amajiki sighs.

"I feel the same sometimes." Kirishima says continuing to try and make him feel better. "There are lots of times I can't do anything when everyone is frantic. The gap in ability and experience between ma and my classmate has gotten bigger..."

Ben does not comment, everyone involved agreed not to speak of "The big Chill incident"

"So I want to at least close that gap so I can stand next to them!"

"that's called 'being positive' first year..." Amajiki mumbles....