81||World's Mission Pt. 4

Ben awakens with no memory of what he and Zs'Skayr spoke about.

"That isn't a good sign..." he mutters rubbing his eyes.

suddenly he hears tires against gravel coming from outside.

"A Villain?!" Ben exclaims activating the Omnitrix not even noticing Ghostfreak's silhouette dialed up on the device.

but before he can press down he recoils in pain clutching where he was shot last night.

he grabs the case and hesitantly looks outside the cave entrance so see Rody with a van.

"Oh, did I wake you up?" he asks apologetically.

"Did you steal that?" Ben inquires.

"I Borrowed it." Rody responds. "It's too hard to walk. I even wrote a note saying I'll pay later... In the name of the hero association, of course..."

"So yes..." Ben remarks before realize he's one to talk, having "Borrowed" a forever knights truck just the other day

"If I could've borrowed a Cessna, we could have gone straight to Klayd though..." Rody continues.

"A Cessna?" Ben questions. "That's a type of plane, right? Wait, can you fly a plane?!"

"I'm just kidding." Rody admits. "Get in!"

the two brunettes get into the van and ride across down the road.

"Hey Ben 10?" Rody begins.

"Yeah?" Ben responds.

"Once we figure out the case's secret, I can go home, Right?" he asks.

"Of course." Ben answers.

"You have a younger brother, right?" Ben asks sparking a conversation.

"And a sister." Rody adds.

"What about your parents?" Ben continues.

"My mom died right after she had my sister, the youngest." Rody responds. "That's why my dad did his best to raise us... But then he disappeared suddenly."

"Disappeared?" Ben questions.

"Do you know about Humarise?" Rody asks.

"The terrorist organization. Of course." Ben remarks.

"Yeah..." Rody sighs. "After people found out that our dad was a member things got bad... Our friends stayed away, we were expelled from school and evicted out of our house. I couldn't even get a honest job... I guess kinda like your friend Kevin."

"I see..." Ben mutters in sympathy.

"I resented my dad." Rody states. "I hated his guts for a while.... But eventually I just stopped caring."

Rody's serious tone shifts to a more positive one.

"Now my little brother and sister are more important. I want them to live an honest life."

he reaches into his sweater and pulls out a locket, inside is a picture of Rody and his siblings.