72||Reunions

(What do you guys think of how much I've been featuring Albedo? should I do it less or continue having Albedo cutaways when convenient, cuz it's not like the "Standverse" where I have 2 books to focus on the hero and villains perspectives so i just feel it might feel a bit too much and all over the place...)

(Anyway sry for not posting for a week(Edit: 2 Weeks...) have Ultimatrix redesign/League of villains sleepover)

(I'd do Ben, Gwen and Kevin but that would require me actually make designs for this story and I don't wanna and I like villain friend groups more than hero friend groups

(I'd do Ben, Gwen and Kevin but that would require me actually make designs for this story and I don't wanna and I like villain friend groups more than hero friend groups...)

(Also I like to imagine either Toga is standing on a stool or Albedo is canonically a 4'10 short king...)

after Christmas Ben went home for new years

and was reminded why he likes UA food after Grandpa max made dinner....

"You know Dad... we have actual ingredients." Carl Tennyson, Ben's father says as he looks upon the mound of assorted animal body horror.

but Gwen and Kevin came so that's nostalgic.

but most of his family's attention is focused on Ben's condition.

his fight with albedo left him covered in bandages even after a visit to recovery girl

"You look like you lost a fight with Wildmutt." Gwen states

(Ok i lied when i said no gwen design attempt...)

(At least I tried ;-;)

"Recovery girl said the bleeding was internal, that's where the blood is supposed to be." Ben remarks to Gwen's chagrin.

"So you got injured.... from walking into a door?" Ben's father continues.

"A very sturdy door." Ben corrects as he takes a bite of his dinner before spitting it out into his napkin. "We were training and I rammed into it at full force.... Then I fell down some stairs."

"Stairs.... really?" a humouring Kevin adds. "Were they sturdy?"

Gwen slaps him over the head cuz physical violence is okay if it's played for laughs

"In fact they were." Ben responds taking another bite forgetting it was grandpas cooking and begins wheezing.

"Well you should really be careful around those UA hallways, sweetie." Ben's mom says as she eats some bread, the only thing Grandpa max didn't insist he make.

after Dinner Gwen, Kevin and Ben are alone while the adults are conversing in the kitchen

"You're a dumbass, Ben." Gwen sighs. "But you aren't stupid enough to walk into a door.... okay maybe.... but I'm not buying a door did this..."

"Yeah that story was pretty suspect..." Kevin adds. "I've seen you get punched out by Mutant gorillas and leave with less bruises... something tough did this."

"Was it one of those villains from the news?" Gwen inquires.

Ben trusts them, And plus they've dealt with weirder

"It was my doppelganger...." Ben confesses. "He used some of Eri's blood and made some sort of weird thing for his Omnitrix he called "The Ultimatrix" and he used Ultimate Humugousaur to kick my ass until I unlocked Kickin' hawk and kicked his eyes until he timed out..."

"Okay yeah...." a confused Gwen groans. "We're gonna need you to take several steps back..."

"Whats an Eri?" Kevin questions.

Ben explains the whole thing to his friend and cousin

"Okay...." Gwen begins "So while fighting Overhaul you used this "Echo Echo" to try and outnumber him but he absorbed a clone... and after the battle was over he somehow developed his own personality and became evil? and now he has the ability to not only turn into any aliens you can... but make them stronger than yours...."

"Considering how he escaped on Christmas with the same black sludge All For One used in Kamino I'm assuming he's also with the league." Ben adds. "I've only kept this to myself because obviously it sounds crazy... so best case scenario I can capture him by myself and figure out what to do with him...."

"Why do you do this?" Gwen pouts.

"What?" a confused Ben asks.

"Why do you always randomly have this lone wolf attitude?" Gwen sighs. "You've been doing this since we were 10 and every time you try to do something alone it blows up in your face..."

"So what do you suggest? we get the gang back together? find Albedo and go gangsta on him?" Ben asks.

"I have to catch my flight tomorrow, I need to arrive back at school a few days early to study for my exam." Gwen replies.

"And my internship is taking me out of the city." Kevin sighs. "Being a former juvenile delinquent leaves me little room for leeway and I really need this..."

"So..." Ben mutters. "I am alone on this..."

"No you're not, you Dweeb." Gwen snaps back placing her hand on his shoulder. "You have friends at UA right? I'm sure they'll help you if you ask for it."

"Yeah you're like a sad pug." Kevin laughs. "people can't stand to look at you but they just feel compelled to help you."

"If my ribs weren't in agony I'd punch you in the arm..." Ben scowls. "But... thanks guys..."

the adults return as most of them do not look happy to exist...

Frank Tennyson, Gwen's father looks like his soul has been sucked through his nose

"Grandpa.... made desert..." an emotionally drained Carl Tennyson mutters as Max pulls out a mass of gelatin and hard candies.

"OH WILL YOU LOOK AT THE TIME!" Kevin exclaims as he tries to escape.

(Gwen's brother Ken Tennyson was somewhere in there but I forgot he exists until i looked up Gwens dads name...)