Chapter 58

There's some police cars outside! Chanel said clutching her necklace looking out the window. I moved the curtains back in the kitchen and seen two officers walking up our driveway.

I grabbed my gun and put it in the cereal box right before they knocked on the door.

I answered it with ease. "How can I help you officers?" I asked.

Mr. Stevenson sorry to be a bother to your home but we do have some disturbing news can we come in? The one officer asked.

I don't really invite officers into my home...

We understand but there's no trouble! The other officer said. I moved to the side and let them in.

You might wanna sit down for this! He said taking his hat off.

Nah I'm good what's going on?

You was listed as an emergency contact for a Nikole Write....there's been an accident yesterday and your son was with her. He's fine but shes stable and in the hospital. We didn't want him going into the system so we have him.

Wait what? Chanel asked confused.

Son? I questioned again.

He's 7....I take it as you don't know about him? The officer asked confused.

No...see there has to be some sort of mix up I only have one child! So this can't be right! I said confused but in a daze walking away from them a bit.

Mr. Stevenson do you know her? He ask pulling a picture from his pocket. It was a picture of my ex girlfriend one of my very first..... Nikole Write.....we was only 15 when we fell in love. She moved away just before she turned 17. Her parents hated that we was together but who didn't...I never seen her again. It broke me when she left. I felt like she was all I had back than. I never loved anybody like I loved her.

I looked at Chanel and she had the look of hurt in her eyes. "Yeah...I knew her when we was kids...."

Well she's saying that your her sons father.! We have the little boy here and this is where we was told to bring him.

Bring him in! Chanel said coming forward.

Baby wait...

No waiting that is a 7 year old child! He didn't ask to be here nor for his mom to be in a life threatening accident. Now that child is going to come in here and we are going to take care of him until we can make some sense of any of this! She said sternly looking at me.

The officers brought this little boy in and I knew I didn't need a DNA test. He looked just like Princess. He looked just like me when I was a child I mean a spitting image. I wiped my mouth in disbelief. I had tears in my eyes. I can't believe I had a child this old and I missed 7 years of his life.

Hi hunny I'm Chanel, and this is your daddy what's your name? Chanel spoke softly to him bending down to him to make him feel welcomed. Her voice spoke with hurt and softness.

MJ! He said softly.

Mar'Quez Jr? I questioned biting the side of my lip.

Yes sir!

Are you hungry or thirsty MJ? Chanel asked him taking his hand and bringing him over to the kitchen.

We got it from here thank you officers. Uhh what hospital is Nikole at?

She's at Sisters!

Okay thank you! I walked them to the door and closed it and locked it. Chanel was walking him out the kitchen with a bag of chips and a juice.

Hey buddy was you with your mom when the accident happened? I asked sitting on the ottoman in front of him.

Yea. We was leaving our hotel and this man was backing out of his car and he hit my mom with the car and she fell and hit her head.

Than what happened?

He panicked got in his car and left....I called the police on her phone.

Are you okay?

Yeah I'm fine is my mom gonna be okay?

I don't know I'm going to go check on her for us okay? So your 7?

Yeah...

When your birthday?

June 13th 2015....

I sat up straight just looking at him...that's exactly 9 months after Nikole left me. She never said or thought about being pregnant. I felt like the worst person in the world right now.

Here I'm going to turn the tv on for you, what do you like?

Oh Nickelodeon is fine! He said with a soft smile.

Okay I got you. I grabbed the remote and turned to Nick for him. He opened his chips and sat quietly watching tv. I walked over to the island and Chanel was angrily chopping up the peppers.

Look I didn't know about him.... I said but didn't know what to say.

I bet...

Chanel you have to believe me! She stopped doing what she was doing and just looked at me.

Nikole was like my first ever real love....her parents took her away and moved her away from me when she was 17 I never seen her after that. I never knew or she never reached out about him.... I wish she would have...he looks just like me!

Now what? Hmmm? Now what Mar'Quez?

I don't know baby but ima figure it out!

I bet! She through everything down and walked away. I know she was hurt right now. I turned around and looked at my son. I can't believe I have a son.