Chapter 60

I watched my son sleep in our guest room bed sound asleep. He was a perfect little dude. Nikole was raising him to be so smart and respectful. He reminded me of myself when I was a kid. Quiet, smart, observant, and had a little temper. She was working on it with him though. It amazed me how much self control he had for a 7 year old. He was going into the second grade soon. His favorite color was red. He loved and I mean loved football. He could name every single NFL team and all he did was watch video clips on YouTube of football. He was well mannered as well. He listened very well to Chanel and always said "thank you!" I loved how she was any different towards him. She looked at him as if he was her own.

On the other hand she wasn't fuckin with me still. I know our engagement was on rocks right now and it was scaring me. I needed her more than ever to even get through this.

I pulled the covers over him a little bit more and left the room cracking the door a bit. Tomorrow I was going to take him to go see his mom.

I checked on my baby girl and she was knocked out to. When I got to our bedroom Chanel was sleeping with her books next to her. She been working so hard and studying so much. I wanted the best for her. I turned the lights off and placed her books on the floor.

I went to the bathroom and took a nice hot shower. Letting the hot water hit me I wanted my stress to just go away. It's always something!

I got out and dried off and put on a pair of boxers and laid down. My mind was full and I wasn't even considering sleep on my schedule right now.

I laid here woke for hours and hours just as the sun was peeking around the corner. Chanel's alarm went off waking me from my deep sleep. She got up so tired and the cries of Princess made her get up.

You still not talking to me? I asked her getting up with her.

She ignored me putting her shirt on and walking out the room. I followed her into my child's room and she picked our crying daughter up to change her.

Chanel! I said her name catching her off guard. "You acting like a fuckin kid right now!"

I'm acting like a kid? You have a 7 year old child who neither one of us knew about. It's like every time I turn around it's something new with you. You lied about having a girlfriend, than you turned around and had a fake marriage behind my back. I can just imagine what else you lied about but this...this has a innocent child involved in so excuse me for trying to process everything Action! I'm hurt and confused just as much as you. I wanted to be the first one to have your child and that was taken away from me finding out that you have a son blows my mind even though he was made way before us. I thought that was the one thing I had from you that I cherished! And I don't have that! She yelled at me crying.
I pulled her into my arms and hugged her while she cried.
"It's not gonna change our family but it sucks! And you don't understand how this makes me feel! I'll love him like no other but this hurts the most Action!" She let go of me and attended to our daughter. I know I hurted her with this one.

I'm sorry Chanel!

Just let me be for a while please....

I nodded my head and took a deep breath licking my lips looking at her before walking out the room.
I went back to my room and got myself together for the day. I got my son up and gave him a shower which was what he preferred.

I laid him out a outfit some gray Nike sweats a white v neck and a Jean jacket with some Nike ones. I had to go grab lil man's some fits the other day cause he ain't have no clothes over here and I wasn't sure what we was suppose to do so I got him right.

Daddy?

What's up son?

Can I see my mommy today?

Yeah I'm bouta take you up there. You hungry?

Yeah!

Ight get yo phone and I'll meet you downstairs.

Okay dad! I smiled and he went over to his bed. I walked downstairs and Chanel was in the kitchen getting a bottle ready.

I'm bouta take him up to the hospital to see his mama. I'll be back a lil later Ight.

What time?

I don't know I'll call you. She looked at me with a weird face and I was confused about what was the problem now. "What?"
She shook her head and grabbed the diaper bag angrily.

Okay daddy I'm ready! MJ smiled coming down the stairs. "Hi Chanel GoodMorning!" He smiled running to her.

Hi GoodMorning honey! You going to see your mom?!

Yea! Can I see my sister? He leaned over the car seat and kissed his baby sister. He loved her already. That made the both of us smile. "Bye guys!" He waved as he came to the door. I opened it and we left out.

I pulled off and headed to the hospital. In there they had a Tim Hortons so we stopped in and grabbed some breakfast for him and his mom. She was getting better and that's all that mattered.

We went up to the room and he ran in. "Mommy!!!!" He screamed happily running in the room and jumping in the bed.

MJ!!!! She smiled widely hugging her son. She gave him a bunch of kisses and he smiled and giggled. She was a good mom I could tell. I sat in the chair and sat the stuff down on her tray.

Thank you for bringing him up here! She smiled at me.

It's no problem right son!

Right daddy! Ma my dads the best! He said so excited. That made me smile so hard.

Is he? Better than mommy? She laughed giggling and tickling him.

I bought you some breakfast. I know you gotta be tired of this hospital food.

Yes I am! Thank you!

Aye MJ come sit down and eat! I said taking his food out and sitting it on the tray pulling the chair up to it. He sat down and smiled and grabbed his food.

Thanks daddy! He smiled.

You welcome kid! I smiled rubbing his curls fixing his hair a bit.

I really appreciate you taking care of him Mar'Quez!

It's cool. How you feel?

I'm okay. I'm ready to get out of here!

I was thinking....(I reached in my pocket and digged out a pair of keys!) I sat the keys on the table in front of her and she just looked at me. "I wanna be around my son everyday Nikole and I got an extra house fully furnished, whatever you need for y'all....it's yours if you want it?"

You serious Mar'Quez?

Very! That's my son and I ain't missing no more of his life.