Ryan Ross- This Place Is Death

Your pov

Floating underwater ever changing... picture hours out from that... in tune with all our dreams...

My fingers floated around in the dark as I listened to Deftones. Quietly I hummed along, gazing at my fingers. I sank into my bed as the sounds swept me up in a wave of euphoria.

Then through the darkness I gazed upon my fingers. They flowed similarly to jellyfish tentacles, or octopus tentacles, if you will. Sleep was only a moment away. My eyelids were getting heavier and heavier by the second.

But, before sleep could finally take over, something in the window caught my eye. Whatever it was, it was gone almost immediately. As I began to get up, something hit the glass.

Quickly, I made it to the windowsill. I spotted a few boys from school standing on my lawn. Once they saw me, they began waving their arms and jumping around. Oh my fucking god...

I opened the window and waved back, slightly irritated.

"Hey," I quietly called so my family wouldn't hear, "The fuck you doin' here?"

"Come down!" One cried.

"Why?" I asked. They looked at each other.

"Uhm... we're bored..."

"Okay...? What do you want me to do about it?" They looked at each other again. I sighed, "I'll be down in a minute..." They cheered.

Quickly, I changed out of my pajamas into some day clothes. I tried my best to at least look decent, but it's on them for showing up close to midnight.

"Okay," I spoke as I opened the door, "What do you want from me?"

"I dunno..." Pete began, "We're bored..."

"Yeah? And?"

"I dunno, we thought you might lighten the mood..." Said Ryan.

"Yeah and besides," Gabe began, "It's not like you're doing anything anyways, I mean- ow!" Pete smacked his friend. I just rolled my eyes.

"Okay, whatever, I'll go with you guys. I'm already out here anyways..."

"Cool..." We all walked to Gabe's car. Ryan and I sat in the back while the other two sat up front.

"What are we doing?" I asked. Gabe shrugged.

"Probably just gonna drive around..." I hummed. Gabe started the car and began to pull out of the driveway. Quiet music played as I gazed out the window. In the suburbs houses blended in with each other. Each lawn was cut almost perfectly, creating a boring landscape that complimented the bland, colorless homes.

As we crossed the threshold into the city, the boys talked and joked. I wasn't paying much attention to their conversations, though their laughter rang loudly throughout the vehicle.

"... what about you, Y/n?" Pete asked. I hummed, oblivious to what he wanted to know.

"What kinda music do you like?" He repeated.

"Oh..." I thought for a moment, "I like just about anything, but recently I've been listening to a lot of nu metal..."

"Nu metal?" Gabe asked, "Who's your favorite?"

"I like Deftones, System of a Down, Kittie, Limp Bizkit... just to name a few..."

"Oh man, I love Deftones," Ryan spoke.

"Yeah? What's your favorite album?" I asked. He thought for a moment.

"I think Koi No Yokan... or maybe White Pony... oh, and there's also Saturday Night Wrist, Diamond Eyes..." I smiled.