Ray Toro- Party Anxiety

Tw- anxiety

Your pov

My best friend Ray and I were on our way to a party thrown by a friend of a friend. He drove while I sat in the passenger seat, quietly humming along to the radio. As I sat there, my anxiety level was only rising and rising. Parties aren't really my thing and never have been my thing, but, Ray asked me to go, so of course I said yes.

He's my best friend... maybe a little more... I dunno... it's weird... but I always like being around him...

"We're here! Are ya ready?" I nodded and smiled, unable to form words because of my skyrocketing anxiety. We got out of the car and began our short walk to the house, "You okay?"

"Yeah... yeah I'm fine. Why?" I asked, now more alert and aware than usual.

"You just seem, anxious."

"Oh, I'm okay. I'll be okay..." I said more for myself than for him.

"Mkay..." He answered, still not believing me.

We stepped into the home and were immediately greeted by loud noises, the smell of weed, and lots of people. This did not help my symptoms at all. I need to get outta here! I need to go! No... I can't... Ray... I wanna be with him tonight... so we party...

"Hey guys! Guys!" Gerard was jumping up and down through the sea of people, desperately trying to get our attention while Mikey stood beside him with a plain expression.

"C'mon..." Ray took my hand, which, didn't help my symptoms either, and led me to the Way boys. Great... now my stomach is fluttery... and I'm sure I'm blushing... ugh...

"Hey guys," Ray greeted, "W'sup?"

"Nothin' much, you?" Gerard asked, sipping on whatever was in the red solo cup he held. Mikey stood quietly, doing the same. I don't know Ray's other friends too well... they scare me a little... especially-

"Frank! Hey, my man..." The boy with piercings and gauges came over, sending high-fives to each boy. I just stood quietly as my insides did backflips from the nervousness I felt. I feel like I'm gonna throw up... god...

"Sup guys!" His gaze then met mine, "Y/n, hey..."

"Hi..." I spoke quietly, if my fingers hadn't been attached to the curly haired boy's then they would've been shaking like a vibrator on its highest setting.

For most of the night I stayed by Ray's side, terrified of what could happen if I didn't. We spoke with some other people, danced a little, and just, hung around.

"Ugh, I gotta piss," Ray said, "I'll be back..." He walked off, leaving me leaned against a random empty wall. Fuck... what am I gonna do!? Ugh... my hands... they're shaking so bad... this is awful... why'd I even come here!? Fuck...

"Y/n?" My head shot up at the mention of my name. Frank stood there with a concerned look on his face, "You okay?" I nodded, unable to form words again.

"Alright, so uhm, where'd Ray go?"

"B-bathroom..." He nodded.

"Cool, could I get you a drink? Or something?" I shook my head, "No?" I nodded, "Are you sure you're okay?" No dumb ass I can't speak...

"Fine... I'm fine..." I said with tears in my eyes.

He just eyed me, so my gaze fell to the floor. But he brought my gaze back up with two fingers to my chin. A smirk spread across his face.

"Wanna dance?" He asked. I shook my head. Just go away...

"No, just... just go away... please..." He remained in front of me.

"C'mon, don't you wanna get to know each other a little better?" He stepped close to me, our bodies were inches apart. My anxiety prevented me from moving even in the slightest. Even my fingers had stopped shaking. Go away...

"Y/n..." He whispered, bringing his lips close to my face. Shivers ran down my spine that I did not like. Ah! Ah! Go away! Please... ah... this isn't good! I need to go...

"Frank! What the fuck are ya doin'!?" Yes! Ray! Finally!

A serge of courage shot through my veins and I shoved Frank out of my face. Quickly, I ran to Ray, holding onto his arm, and hiding behind him as my serge of courage disappeared.

"I was just talking to her."

"No you weren't! Look at her! She's shaking! God, Frank, read the room! C'mon Y/n..." Ray led me away from Frank and into an empty bedroom. I hugged him tight.

"Ray?"

"Yeah?" He rubbed my back as I spoke. Desperately, I held back tears.

"I uhm, I'm not good at parties." He chuckled.

"Uhuh, I could tell..."

"You're not mad, are you?"

"Of course not! It's okay. I won't take you to anymore parties..." I smiled.

"Thank you..." He kissed the top of my head. Ugh... I feel like I'm gonna melt every time he does that... it's the best... I love him so much...

"Ray?" He hummed, "Can... can I tell you something?"

"Go ahead..." I took a deep breath before beginning again.

"Well uhm... I like you. Like, like like you. More than a friend. Ray, whenever I'm around you, I'm happy. You make me feel something, and I love it. I love you." He stayed silent for a moment. Fuck... I just ruined it... I know I did...

"I... I love you too..." I pulled away, gazing into his dashing brown eyes.

"Really!?" He nodded, "Uhm... could I... well... could I kiss-" Ray didn't even wait for me to finish before his lips were against mine. Our lips went back and forth against each other with smiles in between.

"Y/n..." He whispered, "I've been wanting to kiss you for so long..." I giggled.

"Me too babe, me too." He chuckled, then kissed me again. This is amazing... he really likes me... Ray...

OwO-
Aww this was requested by BornOnTheWrongGen02 they wanted a Ray one shot so here it is!! This is my first Ray one shot in awhile that didn't involve Benji hmm, also, I actually had this chapter written a few hours ago but I hated it so yeah. Have an epic day~peace out cheesebags