Ray Toro- P.S. I Love You

Your pov

Ray and I sat on the couch together, his guitar in hands. Quietly, he mindlessly strummed around. The sound of a door opening rang through the little home as tiny footsteps followed close behind. Our little boy found us in the living room and smiled.

"Hi mommy, hi daddy!" He greeted, waddling towards us.

"Hi Benji!" I greeted, helping him on the couch, and into my lap. His big brown eyes wandered to Ray's guitar. Curiously, he climbed out of my lap and towards his father.

"What's that?" The little boy asked.

"It's a guitar," Ray answered.

"A guitar?" Benji questioned, "What's that?"

"You make music with it."

"Music?"

"Yeah, watch," Benji quietly watched as his father beautifully strummed away on his guitar. Curiously, Benji climbed closer. Ray stopped strumming as Benji brushed his little fingers down the stings, strumming them himself.

"Woah..." The little boy's eyes filled with stars.

"Can you play us a song?" I asked, Benji looked at his father excitedly.

"Of course..." Benji climbed back into my lap as Ray began strumming a familiar tune.

"As I write this letter, send my love to you, remember that I'll always, be in love with you..." I sang.

"Treasure these few words till we're together, keep all my love forever, P.S. I love you..." Ray sang, Benji just looked at us. He was so full of wonder and amazement at all this.

"I'll be coming home again to you love, until the day I do love, P.S. I love you..."

"As I write this letter, send my love to you, remember that I'll always, be in love with you..." We both sang along with the guitar rhythm until the song was over.

"Wow... that was so cool!" Benji cried, "Do it again!"

"Maybe later, we gotta go make dinner." I said.

"Aww..." He whined. I pulled him off my lap and carried him into the kitchen. I set him down on his little kid chair with his little kid table. Ray set his guitar down and joined me in the kitchen.

"You were really good in there." Ray spoke quietly as I took out a box of mac n' cheese.

"Yeah? You were too..." He smiled, I smiled.

"Momma?"

"Benji?" I asked, turning towards him.

"What are we having?" I showed him the mac n' cheese box, he smiled big.

"Yay!" There wasn't much talking as we made the simple meal. It only took a few minutes, but just as I was dishing it out into three bowls, Ray got a text. He pulled out his phone, and held an irritated look.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Gerard says we have to be ready for tour by tomorrow."

"What? I thought you had another week!"

"That's what I said. Great, they got the date wrong."

"Are you being serious right now?" He showed me his phone. Everything in me had become so saddened, "Let's have dinner, and then I can help you pack."

"Okay..." Ray and I sat down at the little table with our son.

"How long will you be gone?"

"I'm not sure, but I think a few months," I took his hand, "I'll Skype you everyday."