Pete Wentz- Merry Christmas, My Sweet

Pete's pov

I ran through the frosted dark streets with my bass slung over my shoulder and bundled up in a jacket. Christmas lights and pretty winter decorations painted the shops as I ran. They only went by as quick flashes while little snowflakes fell from the sky. Not very many people were out tonight, considering it was Christmas Eve.

My excuse for being out? Well, instead of being cuddled up on the couch with my girlfriend, I had been out for what Patrick called an "emergency concert." Whatever that meant. I was supposed to see my girl today after a long couple of months on tour as well. Which made this night even more painful. So I ran.

As I finally made it to the apartment building, I breathed hard, creating puffs of steam from the cold. I slammed open the door and dashed through the halls. Eventually, I made it up to our home, panting, and shivering.

"Y/n?" I spoke, opening the door. There was no response, "Y/n? Sweetheart?"

I shut the door behind me, and walked into the living room. A smile crept upon my face as I found her asleep on the couch. She was curled up under a small blanket with an empty mug sat on the coffee table.

Our Christmas tree had been set up against the wall and windows to the left of the room. So many Christmas decorations hung from the walls and all.

"Awww..." Quietly, I brought my bass into the bedroom past the living room, and shed the gigantic jacket I wore. Then, I heard a soft groan from the living room.

"Y/n?"

I had poked my head out the bedroom door. She sat up, looking to me with droopy tired eyes, and her mouth hung open just slightly. Aww...

"Pete...?" She rubbed her tired eyes, then smiled.

"I'm sorry I'm so late-" Before I could finish, she had jumped up, and hugged me tight.

"You're here now, that's all I care about," She spoke, then pulled away to look at me, "I worry about you so much when you're on tour," Her fingers caressed my cheek, "I know how you get being on the road so much."

"Babe, I'm okay. I got the guys to keep me in check," She sent a doubtful look, "Okay, they're not the best, but, I'm alright, really. I know how worried you get," I chuckled, "Seriously, you worry too much about me, I'm fine."

"Alright," Another smile spread across her lips, "Your face is still red."

"Well, I was running through the cold."

"Pete! Why would you do that!? You could catch a cold! I-" She then yawned. I chuckled.

"Why don't we get you to bed?" I asked, "You're practically falling asleep right now."

"No I'm not..." She said, leaning into me with her eyes closed.

"Sure..." I chuckled, "C'mon, we can cuddle." At the sound of this, she pulled away, but kept a hand in mine.

"Okay, let's go to bed."

She rubbed her eyes again, before yawning, and wandering into the bedroom with me behind her. We changed into our pajamas and got ready for bed.

"Are those..." She yawned, "Are those new?" She asked, eyeing my blue clandestine pajama pants I wore.

"Yeah, just started making them for the holidays. Want some?" She nodded.

"Of course..." I pulled her close and kissed the top of her forehead. She giggled, "C'mon Petey, let's get to bed." I smiled.

"Alright... I'll call them later," I slipped under the covers before her. She just stood there for a moment, looking at me, "What?"